Bluetooth Keyboard

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by ToddW, Mar 1, 2005.

1. ToddW macrumors 6502a

So, what does everyone think a good bluetooth keyboard is. I'm am debating on getting an apple one, since now I have a bluetooth dongle on the iMac G5. I'm using the logitech mx900 and it is great. just thinking of going completely wireless.

other recommendations are welcome also.

Todd

2. rogerw macrumors 6502

have got the (apple) BT keyboard and mouse and they work fine, easy set up, no more wires etc - brill

3. filmcutter macrumors member

it's not BT, but...

It's a good wireless kb/mouse. Even though I swore I would avoid MS products, this set was one of the best performers I found. Lots of programmable keys, really nice scrolling mouse (both x and y), and to top it off, ergonomic to save my wrists.

I've only had issues with failing batteries - the set it came with were not fresh and lasted a week. It's not a rechargeable setup, but AA rechargeables are easy enough to come by.

I thought I would get a BT set, but I couldn't find one that was ergonomic enough for my needs, and I couldn't see what the benefit/difference was from RF wireless.

4. 1macker1 macrumors 65816

1macker1

I have a apple bt keyboard and here's what i think:
    Pros:
    look good
    great battery life
    great functionality.

Cons:
    Can take up to 10 seconds to "wake up"

5. Romulan macrumors member

I would get the apple BT keyboard without question. I have one and I love it. I've had it for over a month and the battery is still close to full. Of course, I turn it off whenever I'm not using it. It's a great keyboard. You won't be disappointed. Oh, and the setup took less than two minutes :D.

6. jsw Moderator emeritus

jsw

I leave mine (Apple BT) on 24/7, use it all the time, and batteries still last 4+ months.

7. broken_keyboard macrumors 65816

broken_keyboard

I agree the Apple BT Keyboard is very good (I have one). The Apple BT mouse isn't so great though - really chews through batteries.

I have also seen Logitech ones in the stores that have the Apple and Eject keys marked but have never used one.

8. ToddW thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thanks for the replies. I think I'm probably going to go with the Apple BT keyboard. I already have a BT mouse and will have to get a wrist pad for my wrists. Anyone know of a good deal on an Apple BT keyboard?

9. djbahdow01 macrumors 6502a

I work on the Apple BT keyboard, have had it since Sept 04 and haven't had to replace the batteries yet. Its on all the time unless it is traveling.