Bluetooth Keyboard

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by badman89, Apr 17, 2013.

1. badman89, Apr 17, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 17, 2013

macrumors regular

Hi guys, I own a Macbook Air 11" and I absolutely love the keyboard on it. It's the perfect size for me, and typing on it is a joy.

I want to buy a bluetooth keyboard for my iPad mini - but I want it to be the exact same size as the Macbook Air 11" keyboard (preferably with similar key size / key spacing, etc.).

Any suggestions? Bonus points for suggesting non-Apple products! Thanks very much in advance for your suggestions!

2. macrumors 6502

I guess I question why use a keyboard with a mini in the first place, it just makes a small pocketable tablet too large in my humble opinion.

That said, Apple's Blue Tooth keyboard will give you everything you seek. I use one every day with my MB Pro (closed) and 27" Apple monitor.

3. thread starter macrumors regular

There's some problem with my Macbook Air and they need to replace the logic board. This means that I will be without laptop for about 7 days, and I need something to work on for those 7 days. That's why I want a keyboard.

Yes, the Apple keyboard does seem like the obvious choice - it's just a little pricey for me. Especially considering the fact that I probably only need to use it for about a week.

Any idea if it's worth buying one of those knock-offs on eBay, like this one: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Wireless-...r-/120849862473?ssPageName=ADME:X:AAQ:GB:1123

4. macrumors member

The keyboard off ebay will probably suffice for the short time you will be without your MBP, i would do that rather than spending £70 on one from PCWorld or Staples.

5. macrumors 65816

apple bt keyboard or logitech makes a good mac one with a solar charger. i cant remember the logitech model number though sorry.