Bluetooth mice recommendations?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by seand, Aug 24, 2006.

1. seand macrumors member

I'm looking to get a bluetooth mouse, for use with an iBook for now and an MBP whenever the Merom update is released.

The main requirement is that it has a Canadian distributor and isn't ridiculously expensive. I have a wired MightyMouse and I don't really like the way it handles right clicks, so while I know that's an option it's not really my first choice.

The two I've found so far are the Logitech V270 ( http://www.bestbuy.ca/catalog/proddetail.asp?logon=&langid=EN&sku_id=0926INGFS10075011&catid=20395 ) and the MacMice bluetooth mouse ( http://www.bestbuy.ca/catalog/proddetail.asp?logon=&langid=EN&sku_id=0926INGFS10057735&catid=20395 ). I haven't had a chance to check out the Logitech one, but I'm worried it might be too small to be useful.. I have a microsoft notebook mouse that I can't stand because of the size. I've never heard of or used a MacMice mouse.

Anyone have any experience with either of these mice, or know of any other mice I might have missed?

2. ipodcentral112 macrumors regular

I have a logitec and although its small i love it!

3. Chef Medeski macrumors 6502a

Chef Medeski

I had a BT Mac Mouse.

I now have a non-bluetooth Logitech.

It just isn't ergonomic, battery savvy, and it is quite glitchy. Noy a good product to buy... especially when the company has disappeared.

Would not recommend...

Logitech makes good stuff.

I'm waiting for the BT version of this mouse: Logitech Revolution

I heard its a great feeling mouse with some great features.... just not BT right now...

I might go for a BT Mighty Mouse if Logitech doesn't work fast enough though.... even though this mouse I have of them now is great..... if only it was BT...

maybe they should install a 2.4 Ghz receiver into PBs...

4. seand thread starter macrumors member

Thanks, that's good to know about the MacMice mouse. It is definitely too bad they didn't release a bluetooth version of the Revolution... I was actually quite surprised at the lack of selection in bluetooth mice.

I guess the V270 and the MightyMouse are the only decent options at this point.

5. cube macrumors G4

The Logitech 2.4 GHz tech consists of Bluetooth RF transmitters/receivers running a proprietary protocol which is optimized for gaming.

6. asherman13 macrumors 6502a

asherman13

I just picked up a wireless Mighty Mouse and it works like a dream; I just need to get the tracking juuuuust right. Hope that helps...

Sorry if it doesn't, but I had to tell somebody about my latest purchase. :)

7. Chef Medeski macrumors 6502a

Chef Medeski

bums...