Bluetooth Mice

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by TheBobcat, Nov 3, 2006.

1. TheBobcat macrumors 6502

TheBobcat

Hey - I'm thinking about getting a Bluetooth mouse for my MBP. I see a lot of the BT mice out there come with a dongle to plug into the USB port. I was wondering, if I get one of those, can I just run it through the built-in BT instead of using their dongle?

Either way, any suggestions on a BT Mouse?

Thanks.

2. prostuff1 macrumors 65816

prostuff1

You should be able to use any bluetooth mouse with the bluetooth built into the computer.

I like the Radtech BT600 and currently use one. It works quite well with my iMac and iBook. It even matches pretty well. The only thing I wish is that it had a tilt wheel. That would make it so much more usful for me. Besides that little complaint i think it is a great mouse.

Radtech offers software to configure all the buttons differently for each application. I tried it and found to to be ok but not great. I ended up paying for SteerMouse and it works really well.

3. TheBobcat thread starter macrumors 6502

TheBobcat

4. aznfreak macrumors newbie

I have The Mouse BT II by MacMice. I picked it up for $50 cdn. It's working great so far. Feels kinda cheap though - when you lift it up the top and bottom part sorta separate making it feel like it's made from cheap plastic. However I love the fact that it's light and comes with a rechargeable base.
    Clicking feels kind of distant, and require more strength than what I'm used to and the scroll wheel is a bit touchy for my liking.