Bluetooth Mighty Mouse as a gaming mouse?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by farqueue, Aug 19, 2006.

1. farqueue macrumors 6502

Jun 18, 2006
    Hello people, i lov the idea of a bluetooth migthy mouse without having a dock tha tu have to stick into one of the usb ports....

i play cs, halflife 2 and other games on my macbook... so i was wondering if tis is a good purchase...

EDIT: and ya....most importantly if it works with window$ under bootcamp.....
  2. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

Jun 25, 2002
    Gone but not forgotten.
    It barely works at all. I wouldn't suggest it for gaming.
  3. BlizzardBomb macrumors 68030

Jun 15, 2005
    Its pretty much useless for games where it requires quick presses of the right button (e.g. to throw a grenade) because you need to lift your left finger.
  4. ColdFlame87 macrumors regular

Jul 23, 2004
    Woodland Hills, CA
    As much as i love apple, I would suggest buying a third party mouse, mice have never really been apples strong suit
  5. MIDI_EVIL macrumors 65816

Jan 23, 2006
    You know what... I use my Mighty Mouse every single day, for about 2-3 hours at a time, and i've never experienced a single problem.

The scroll ball is like it was on day one, and i have absolutely no problems lifting my index finger to right click. It really isn't difficult!

Try the Mighty Mouse at a store, or maybe a friends mouse! See for yourself!

Don't take everyone else's word for it!

6. bearbo macrumors 68000

Jul 20, 2006
    i'm not so sure if bluetooth mouse works under bootcamp at this point... i could be wrong, but just try to see if you can left-click and right-click at the same time, then you'll know what to choose
  7. s0x™ macrumors member

Aug 1, 2006
    I couldn't even get the mouse to work in the apple store...and that was wired :confused:

But, if you're after a gaming mouse I suggest the logitech range. I personally have the mx1000, very comfortable mouse and responsive. Oh and awesome battery life.

Though, most "pro" gamers would probably go "OMG you n00b wireless mouse's suck"...or something along those lines. But how nice it may be, I'd keep away from the mighty mouse
  8. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

Dec 21, 2002
    Yahooville S.C.
    We have a thousand threads on Apples different mice and how they are rather poor. We need to have a serious discussion as why Apple just keeps getting it mice wrong.
  9. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

Jun 25, 2002
    Gone but not forgotten.
    It's the "form before function" attitude.

I've mostly used Logitech products since the early 1990s. They care about functionality first and looks second. Kensington also has some so-so products but they don't seem to care about form or function.