Bluetooth Mighty Mouse Tommorow?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by finalcoolman, Oct 18, 2005.

1. finalcoolman macrumors 6502

Well, since tommorow Apple is updating it's "Pro" offerings, do you think, maybe just maybe that they will update there Pro Wireless Mouse to a Mighty Mouse since that is their "highest end" pro mouse? I'd love that to go with my iBook, I'm getting sick of the regular 1 button Bluetooth mouse with worst of all, no scrolling :(

2. G5Unit macrumors 68020

G5Unit

I would buy it This christmas I am having a shopping spree.

3. Phat_Pat macrumors 68000

Phat_Pat

I don't like my bluetooth mouse. I ALWAYS use my $15 Microsoft scroll wheel mouse. Dual click + scroll wheel plus no lag = speedy video edits

4. gammamonk macrumors 6502a

gammamonk

Oh man, I hope so. I have a logitech Bluetooth. MX900 I think. But the range is so bad, it's annoying. If the mouse is more than 3 or 4 feet from my powerbook, it doesn't work. My Apple Pro wireless keyboard works anywhere in the room! I like all the buttons on my Logitech tho. I have all the expose features mapped. It's nice.

5. Demon Hunter macrumors 68020

I sure hope so. Since they are packaging them with iMacs it only makes sense.

6. SamIchi macrumors 68030

SamIchi

7. aswitcher macrumors 603

aswitcher

If the do I'll be CCing it in seconds from the Apple store.

8. p0intblank macrumors 68030

I'd probably get one right away, as I plan on getting a dual-core Power Mac within the month. :D I think it's very possible it could happen tomorrow.

9. aafuss1 macrumors 68000

aafuss1

A laser Mighty Mouse would be of interest to gamers and pros-as both MS and Logitech offer them.

10. Epicurus macrumors 6502

Epicurus

What would the laser option do to the battery life? I know Logitech has a charger setup for their laser offering.

Still, I'd probably buy one either way.

11. aswitcher macrumors 603

aswitcher

Big kiss for Steve if he does the "friggin lazer" in the BT MM. That would really rock.

12. Orlando Furioso macrumors 6502

Orlando Furioso

You would probably be right about the appeal to gamers if the MM did not have a fatal draw-back (for gaming purposes). I'm not sure if it is intentionally crippled, or if it is an architectural drawback, but the MM cannot be used to simultaneously click more than one button*. Believe me, I was stunned when I realized this during a game of Halo (where I struggled at tossing grenades with the second button because my index-finger was resting on the first).

*You can click-hold the side buttons and subsequently use one of the top buttons. Coincidentally, you cannot click the side buttons if the mouse is not resting on a surface (while in mid-air for example). Try assigning Expose to it to see what I mean.

13. russed macrumors 68000

russed

i so want a bt mighty mouse to replace my ordinary apple bt mouse. its nice but the one button is lacking when i dont have the keyboard near like i do with my trackpad so i can ctrl - click.

i very nearly bought a corded one this weekend but i thankfully managed to hold off!

14. ipacmm macrumors 65816

ipacmm

I really hope that they do come out with a bluetooth mighty mouse because I will order one with my new power mac that will hopefully be out today.

15. JW8725 macrumors 6502a

I'm actually down for 2 if they make a bluetooth one. 1 For freedom on my desk and one for when I'm laying about in bed surfin and I'm just too lazy to reach upto the desk to pick up the mouse! Oh my!

16. Demon Hunter macrumors 68020

17. ipacmm macrumors 65816

ipacmm

I know...I was looking forward to use a new bluetooth mighty mouse with my new power mac...

18. JW8725 macrumors 6502a

I kinda knew there wasnt one comming. Cos the new imac's they are pushing the wired version. I think Stevey boy jobbsy will milk us a little with the crappy wired version before he brings the BT out. Apple is rich as it is, come on man bring it out NOW!

19. ZoomZoomZoom macrumors 6502a

ZoomZoomZoom

I'll never purchase another Mighty Mouse for the life of me. Bluetooth or not, if my mouse quits working properly after a few weeks of use, I've completely lost faith in whatever company's made them.