Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

finalcoolman

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 15, 2005
Well, since tommorow Apple is updating it's "Pro" offerings, do you think, maybe just maybe that they will update there Pro Wireless Mouse to a Mighty Mouse since that is their "highest end" pro mouse? I'd love that to go with my iBook, I'm getting sick of the regular 1 button Bluetooth mouse with worst of all, no scrolling :(

gammamonk

macrumors 6502a
Jun 4, 2004
Madison, WI
Oh man, I hope so. I have a logitech Bluetooth. MX900 I think. But the range is so bad, it's annoying. If the mouse is more than 3 or 4 feet from my powerbook, it doesn't work. My Apple Pro wireless keyboard works anywhere in the room! I like all the buttons on my Logitech tho. I have all the expose features mapped. It's nice.

p0intblank

macrumors 68030
Sep 20, 2005
New Jersey
I'd probably get one right away, as I plan on getting a dual-core Power Mac within the month. :D I think it's very possible it could happen tomorrow.

aafuss1

macrumors 68000
May 5, 2002
Gold Coast, Australia
finalcoolman said:
Well, since tommorow Apple is updating it's "Pro" offerings, do you think, maybe just maybe that they will update there Pro Wireless Mouse to a Mighty Mouse since that is their "highest end" pro mouse? I'd love that to go with my iBook, I'm getting sick of the regular 1 button Bluetooth mouse with worst of all, no scrolling :(

A laser Mighty Mouse would be of interest to gamers and pros-as both MS and Logitech offer them.

Epicurus

macrumors 6502
Apr 28, 2005
Minneapolis, MN
aafuss1 said:
A laser Mighty Mouse would be of interest to gamers and pros-as both MS and Logitech offer them.

What would the laser option do to the battery life? I know Logitech has a charger setup for their laser offering.

Still, I'd probably buy one either way.

Orlando Furioso

macrumors 6502
Apr 12, 2005
Bezerkeley
aafuss1 said:

You would probably be right about the appeal to gamers if the MM did not have a fatal draw-back (for gaming purposes). I'm not sure if it is intentionally crippled, or if it is an architectural drawback, but the MM cannot be used to simultaneously click more than one button*. Believe me, I was stunned when I realized this during a game of Halo (where I struggled at tossing grenades with the second button because my index-finger was resting on the first).

*You can click-hold the side buttons and subsequently use one of the top buttons. Coincidentally, you cannot click the side buttons if the mouse is not resting on a surface (while in mid-air for example). Try assigning Expose to it to see what I mean.

russed

macrumors 68000
Jan 16, 2004
i so want a bt mighty mouse to replace my ordinary apple bt mouse. its nice but the one button is lacking when i dont have the keyboard near like i do with my trackpad so i can ctrl - click.

i very nearly bought a corded one this weekend but i thankfully managed to hold off!

ipacmm

macrumors 65816
Jun 17, 2003
Cincinnati, OH
I really hope that they do come out with a bluetooth mighty mouse because I will order one with my new power mac that will hopefully be out today.

JW8725

macrumors 6502a
May 8, 2005
UK
I'm actually down for 2 if they make a bluetooth one. 1 For freedom on my desk and one for when I'm laying about in bed surfin and I'm just too lazy to reach upto the desk to pick up the mouse! Oh my!

JW8725

macrumors 6502a
May 8, 2005
UK
I kinda knew there wasnt one comming. Cos the new imac's they are pushing the wired version. I think Stevey boy jobbsy will milk us a little with the crappy wired version before he brings the BT out. Apple is rich as it is, come on man bring it out NOW!

ZoomZoomZoom

macrumors 6502a
May 2, 2005
I'll never purchase another Mighty Mouse for the life of me. Bluetooth or not, if my mouse quits working properly after a few weeks of use, I've completely lost faith in whatever company's made them.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.