Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jasper77

macrumors newbie
Feb 26, 2006
i have a problem with my new bluetooth mighty mouse: since this morning the right button just acts like the left button. so i can't right click anymore (have to press ctrl + click). I've set the right button to "secondary button" in the mouse&keyboard pref pane, but that doesn't work. until yesterday everything worked fine…

even if i set another action in the pref pane, like exposé or dashboard, my right button still acts like the primary button :confused:

someone else with the same problem and knows how to fix this?

everything else works just fine: scroll ball and the side buttons…

GilGrissom

macrumors 65816
Mar 13, 2005
jasper77 said:
i have a problem with my new bluetooth mighty mouse: since this morning the right button just acts like the left button. so i can't right click anymore (have to press ctrl + click). I've set the right button to "secondary button" in the mouse&keyboard pref pane, but that doesn't work. until yesterday everything worked fine…

even if i set another action in the pref pane, like exposé or dashboard, my right button still acts like the primary button :confused:

Hmmm...sounds faulty, unless someone else has got a quicker fix!

Have you pushed the right side down too hard and now its slightly more bent towards the left? I know that if you still rest your left finger on the left button (without clicking it) and try to right click it still thinks you mean left as the sensor detects your left finger.

smitty330

macrumors member
Jul 20, 2006
Illinios
jasper77 said:

I would bring it to a mac store if you are close to one and show one of the guys at the genius bar and they might be able to do something. I also have had this problem but then noticed that i was clicking to close to the center of the mouse and it was then left clicking. SO, give those a try and good luck.
-Matthew

imnotatfault

macrumors regular
Jan 26, 2004
WhiteShadow said:
There is not much you can do if it stops working most likely it broke.

How is the BT mighty mouse, is it worth it?

I don't think so.
It's overpriced, especially considering that Logitech makes a fine keyboard and mouse bluetooth combo for about the price (maybe less, actually, I forget) of the mouse alone. And that keyboard has iTunes buttons built-in and the mouse has way more buttons.

Mighty Mouse's side click is a great idea, but there should be left side click, right side click, and then both concurrently click. Instead you squeeze both for one single button, and there is no way (as far as I know) to separate them. So if you're counting: left, right, center, and side. 4 buttons when plenty of mice have 5-6 and sometimes more, while still being just as comfortable and aesthetically pleasing.

zync

macrumors 68000
Sep 8, 2003
Tampa, FL
imnotatfault said:
I don't think so.
It's overpriced, especially considering that Logitech makes a fine keyboard and mouse bluetooth combo for about the price (maybe less, actually, I forget) of the mouse alone. And that keyboard has iTunes buttons built-in and the mouse has way more buttons.

Mighty Mouse's side click is a great idea, but there should be left side click, right side click, and then both concurrently click. Instead you squeeze both for one single button, and there is no way (as far as I know) to separate them. So if you're counting: left, right, center, and side. 4 buttons when plenty of mice have 5-6 and sometimes more, while still being just as comfortable and aesthetically pleasing.

More is not always better. Also, with the position of the two side buttons, if you squeeze one you'll most likely squeeze the other. For the record I love my BT Mighty Mouse. I don't feel that it needs any more buttons/clicks, but then I am of the camp that less is more. It's completely functional. Excellent design. I think it's worth the price premium.

andrewface

macrumors 6502
May 17, 2006
just got mine installed the software it all works great...good range...only thing is that it hurts my hand...its kinda awkward to hold

Cowinacape

macrumors regular
Jul 3, 2006
Surrey B.C. Canada
andrewface said:
just got mine installed the software it all works great...good range...only thing is that it hurts my hand...its kinda awkward to hold

How is it's tracking speed? Have you, or anyone else had a chance to try it out with say, any fast paced games? I have one on the way, with my soon to be new Macpro, just curious. Thanks!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.