bluetooth mouse choices?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by iruney, Feb 23, 2004.

1. iruney macrumors newbie

the only good bluetooth mouse i see (i have an affinity for my right-click and scroll wheel, so i've left out the apple bluetooth mouse) is the logitech.. which is about $100.

i have a powerbook g4 aluminum, built-in bluetooth. i don't need the base station that comes with it.. and i don't want it, but i can't seem to find a good bluetooth mouse that does not come with one..

powerbooks have sorta started the market on built-in bluetooth, so i don't know if they even make any yet.

does anyone know of a good standalone bluetooth mouse? nothing more annoying than a trackpad =] or having to carry a USB mouse around..

2. djkny macrumors 6502

had the same question...

I guess we'll just have to wait until April for that much-hyped BT Macmice.

3. Westside guy macrumors 601

Westside guy

4. SilentPanda Moderator emeritus

SilentPanda

The BlueTake one is junk. It consistently stops responding to mouse movements (my MX700 worked fine on my current mousepad but the BlueTake stops tracking seemingly randomly... the only way to fix it is to turn it off and back on). Also it seems to occasionally jump to the edge of the screen. It might be alright for casual use but I certainly wouldn't recommend it for full time use. But it does work with my iBook G4's built in blue tooth.

5. Koodauw macrumors 68040

Koodauw

If you like a particular mouse that is on the market, why not just get it, and sell the Bluetooth transmitter on ebay. I would think you could get enough to make it worth your while. Check out the Microsoft mouse too, I like it alot.