Bluetooth mouse question

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by munckee, Jul 14, 2006.

1. munckee macrumors 65816

When I purchased a new mouse a few months ago, I specifically shied away from a wireless unit because I hate the idea of needing an extra dongle taking up one of my USB ports. So I ended up wth a mighty mouse which is a total POS.

It wasn't until later that I realized my powerbook has "built in bluetooth". Does this mean I could use a wireless mouse without needing the external dongle? :eek:

2. yankeefan24 macrumors 65816

yankeefan24

3. munckee thread starter macrumors 65816

You mean I can't cut the wire off my might mouse and still use it with my powerbook :confused:

:p
    Thanks for the quick response.

4. CEAbiscuit macrumors 6502a

CEAbiscuit

Word of advice- Be sure to download the bluetooth update from apple.com. It will assure you that you can use the bliuetooth mouse to wake your mac out of sleep mode.

5. DavidLeblond macrumors 68020

DavidLeblond

I think he meant make sure its a bluetooth mouse instead of being a "traditional" wireless mouse. If it doesn't say bluetooth it probably uses RF.

6. QCassidy352 macrumors G3

QCassidy352

exactly. Most wireless mice sold in best buy and places like that are RF, so they won't work.

Before you buy, I suggest checking out this thread. My own choice after reading these forums and doing some research is the Radtech BT600.