Bluetooth Mouse Recommendations

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by xli_ne, Mar 3, 2005.

1. xli_ne macrumors 6502a

Mar 3, 2005
    Center of the Nation

Wondering if anyone had a Bluetooth mouse that they use that they love and would recommend. Been thinking abouT the Iogear Bluetooth Mini Mouse - GME225B, but I haven't been able to actually try it out. Any advice would be helpful.
  2. abrooks macrumors 6502a

Sep 18, 2004
    London, UK
    This may seem a little silly but I recommend the Apple Wireless Mouse, I recently purchased it and its simply very impressive. I have had no issues so far with it on my Powerbook and I have travelled a lot and do a lot of precision Graphic work.
  3. debroglie macrumors 6502a

Aug 19, 2004
    Philadelphia, PA
    I have the apple bluetooth mouse and I love it. I notice no lag between this and my wired mouse. It also pairs very nicely automatically.

In general, i think that it outperforms both logitech and kengsington mice in terms of lag, based on the mice that a couple of my friends have - but then again, those are RF mice on Windblows
  4. therevolution macrumors 6502

May 12, 2003
    There have been many threads on the subject. Try doing a search and see what you find.

I have a Radtech BT500, and it's pretty cool. It's very small, which you may or may not like.
  5. lfielder06 Guest

Dec 5, 2004
    I know of a bluetooth mouse that looks very similiar to the apple mouse, but it has two buttons and a scroll wheel. I believe the company is called macmice. They have one in white and one in silver to match your mac. I have had no experience with them I just know that they exist and seem to be nice. They are expensive, but so are all bluetooth mice.
  6. NATO macrumors 68000

Feb 14, 2005
    Northern Ireland
    Another vote for the Apple Wireless mouse. No lag and great Battery life.
  7. Preacher85 macrumors member

Nov 21, 2004
    Vermillion, SD
    TheMouse BT

I would cast my vote for Macmice's TheMouse BT. It looks similar to the Apple Mouse, but has two buttons and a scroll wheel as mentioned a couple of posts above.

I have the white one and it works wonderfully with my iBook G4. One recommendation on it though. Get 4 rechargeable AA's, so you can charge two while the other two are in the mouse. It eats through batteries in about a week and a half under normal use.

You can find TheMouse BT here. :D

Hope this helps.
  8. debroglie macrumors 6502a

Aug 19, 2004
    Philadelphia, PA
    I think the general consensus is that they feel cheaply made
  9. puckhead193 macrumors G3

May 25, 2004
    We need to make this topic a sticky, try searching the forums, there's tons of them!
    But for me, i have my eye on the kensington one.... I would go apple but i like to have the scroll wheel/the ctrl click aka right click
  10. jer446 macrumors 6502a

Dec 28, 2004
    i heard good reviews on the microsoft one and the logitech mx 1000 i think or 9000 not sure whcih is the bt one..
  11. inlimbo macrumors 6502

Jan 29, 2005
    Sydney, Australia
    THe bt one is the 9000 though it doesnt officially support OS X. However I have read many reviews of it on MR and people say it works no probs and they love it.

The MX1000 is not Bt. It has a reciever that u have to plug into the USB port.

Im tossing up between these two mice. Not sure what to get as yet.
  12. tykles macrumors member

Dec 12, 2004
    I just got a new PB and shopped for a while for a BT mouse to go with it. I really wanted the MX900 bfcause I've got the MX700 at home and I love it, but I wanted something more portable. I ended up getting the IOGear bluetooth mouse , and I'm pretty satisfied with it. Pros: it's really small and light, yet feels pretty solid. Clickable scroll wheel works with expose. Charges over USB. Cons: It's REALLY small- it's been almost 2 weeks and I'm still not totally used to it. I miss all of the extra buttons on my MX700. Doesn't work on white surfaces.
    I got it for under $50 at which was the big selling point for me.
    hope this helps anyone else looking at this mouse.
  13. EJBasile macrumors 65816

Apr 20, 2004
    I have the Apple Bluetooth Mouse.

It works great for me, no lag, but I does get some getting used to.

If you require two buttons then, this is not the mouse for you.

It really complements all of the apples models though.
  14. Tuned MP5T macrumors regular

Nov 6, 2004
    New York City
    I have the Apple BT Mouse...Highly Recommend It !!!
  15. Scottyk9 macrumors 6502a

Jun 18, 2004
    I have the apple bluetooth mouse - very responsive, nice feel, but I cannot live without a multibutton mouse (mostly to map expose commands).

Bought Microsoft BT mouse - its ok, but I find it has just that little bit of delay or lag. Not major - but enough that I don't want to use it.

I have thought about trying the logitexh mx 900, but the lack of native drivers made me worry that it would be as laggy as the MS mouse.

For my desktops, despite the inelegance of an extra peripheral plugged into the computer, I have gone with the logitech mx 1000. Great mouse.
  16. expergo macrumors regular

Nov 21, 2004
    I use a mx900 with my ibook and it works without lag. At least nothing I can notice. =) I have my expose keys set to all the mouse buttons whihc is superhandy.
  17. Platform macrumors 68030

Dec 30, 2004
    Apple's BT mouse and the MX1000 from Logithech :rolleyes:
  18. wPod macrumors 68000

Aug 19, 2003
    Denver, CO
    im putting in another vote for The Mouse BT there is a link in a previous post. its a great mouse that has TWO buttons AND a click wheel (apple should get a clue im sorry) but it looks almost exactly like the apple mice so it actually has style. unlike the M$ mice. they work well yes, but they dont have the style of the apple mice.
  19. 2Sticky macrumors regular

Mar 4, 2005
    I recommend the BT Apple Mouse, you will get use to it having just one button but it blends in with your mac beautifully.
  20. Gizmotoy macrumors 65816

Nov 6, 2003
    This mouse is excellent. I had the opportunity to pick one up about 2 weeks ago and I love it. If you're looking for a small laptop mouse, I think one of these is really the way to go. Its pretty easy to flick around with only a few fingers, and the tracking speed is excellent (its 800dpi), I hate really slow pointers. It's about the width of a candy bar, so that may be an issue if you have really big hands. Otherwise, its nice.

Comes with rechargeable batteries (keep the supplied USB cable in the case and you can charge them from your laptop) and a zippered semi-hard-shell carrying case that matches the PowerBooks almost exactly. Pretty good deal for the price.

If you're considering this mouse for regular desktop use, and not with a laptop, I'd look elsewhere. I could see where it could cramp up your hand if you had to use it for 8 hours straight.
  21. Le Big Mac macrumors 68020

Le Big Mac

Jan 7, 2003
    Washington, DC
    what is "great" battery life? I go through batteries about every two months (the OEM types--Energizer lithium?). Apple claims 6 mos. Yeah, right.
  22. 2Sticky macrumors regular

Mar 4, 2005
    Apple claims 3 months battery life,

I wouldn't say 2 months was too bad!
  23. justjj macrumors newbie

Mar 5, 2005
    Phoenix, Az
    MacMice BT Mouse

Got it from - the mouse 2 button with scroll wheel, and I HATE it- it doesn't feel as nice in the had as the Apple mouse, I wish Apple made a two-button mouse. Also the two button are clumsy to press and all around it just cheap feeling. I do NOT suggest anyone waste the 69 bucks or so it costs on this- I am now looking for a new one- so I wasted that money. :mad:
  24. aswitcher macrumors 603

Oct 8, 2003
    Canberra OZ

I so wish they would upgrade the MX900 with a frickin lazer... As soon as that happens (assuming its pretty much an MX1000 with BT) I finally have my wireless mouse.
  25. Dagless macrumors Core

Jan 18, 2005
    Fighting to stay in the EU
    i use a Logitech V500, whilst its not BlueTooth im afraid i must strongly recommend it for battery life.

bought mine in October, played through Half Life 2 with it and use it pretty much everyday for at least 2 hours and i switch it off whenever im away from my machine... havnt changed the batteries since. better still when plugged into my windows machine it still says the batteries condition is 'Good'

i am quite amazed really. runs of 2xAAA