Bluetooth mouse recommendations?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Lobos, Jun 1, 2006.

1. Lobos macrumors member

I'd like to get a bluetooth mouse for my PowerBook to replace my USB IntelliMouse Explorer. I love my current mouse, but it looks like the Microsoft USB mice require you to plug something in to your USB port? Are there any good BT mice out there that I don't have to plug in? I'd really like an optical one similar to my current intellimouse explorer.

2. x86 macrumors regular

x86

I would recommend not getting the BT Microsoft mouse. I have it and it collects dust. Its slow, bulky, and the battery life is horrible. Not to mention it seems to have a mind of its own and don't always pair with my PC or Mac.

3. Kyle Nerder macrumors regular

Kyle Nerder

I wouldn't recommend the Microsoft Intellimouse for Bluetooth for Mac. I don't there is any driver for it. I got mine yesterday and I am ready to throw it in the garbage.

It doesn't track smooth
    It doesn't scroll smooth
    Most of the other buttons don't function under OSX

I moved back to my Wireless Optical Mouse - Mircosoft. It's a great mouse but I wanted a similar mouse using Bluetooth.

4. lexus macrumors 68000

lexus

Do you need right click? If not just go with the standard Apple wireless pro mouse.

5. Lobos thread starter macrumors member

Yeah... i'd prefer a scrollwheel, right click, etc.

6. prostuff1 macrumors 65816

prostuff1

I have not bought one of these myself...yet, but i plan on it in about a month.

It looks like a very nice bluetooth mouse.

7. ModestPenguin macrumors 6502

ModestPenguin

I am also interested in a bluetooth mouse for my Macbook. I just purchased this puppy today and boy oh boy is it sweetness....

8. Moshiiii macrumors 6502a

Moshiiii

I'd like to see these irl, they look stunning on the net.

9. chairguru22 macrumors 6502a

i was looking at mice yesterday and the bluetooth ones are really expensive all things considered. i ended up getting the MS Wireless Notebook Optical Mouse 3000 for $30 with a $10 rebate at compusa. you do have to plug in a receiver into the usb but its not too big and it also stows away inside the mouse when not in use (really cool feature). didnt have to worry about bluetooth connection problems either...

10. NtotheIzoo macrumors regular

I own this bluetooth mouse by anycom. It works rather well...it sticks at times...rarely loses connection...batteries last a long time...has a power off button which is really nice...I would recommend for regular use but not w/ any games or anything requiring precision...

edit: wrong link

11. zagato27 macrumors 65816

zagato27

For laptop use, ie portability I'd go with the RadTech BT500. It's really pretty neat. Runs forever on two AAA batteries (I think, I bought it for my daughter's iBook). Small, and it has a "on/off" switch for when you throw it in a bag. It does have a sleep mode when it's one also but you really need a "on/off" switch. Check it out
    http://www.radtech.us/Products/BT500.aspx

12. Caitlyn macrumors 6502a

I'll second the reccomendation on the Radtech mouse. I for one love it. My uncle bought one for his iMac and now I need one. :D

13. Mojo67821 macrumors regular

Kensington bluetooth... I use this with my MBP and it's awesome. Batteries last for weeks, I've never once lost a signal, and the rubber grips make it extremely comfortable. It's also small and very portable, and comes with two buttons and a scroll wheel. For 40$ you can't go wrong.

14. drj434343 macrumors member

drj434343

I agree

I agree with an addition. I actually use the Kensington PilotMouse Mini Bluetooth. Same general shape and design of the full size bluetooth version (i.e. rubber grips, 2 buttons and 3rd clickable scroll wheel button), but in a smaller form factor with an on/off button. The rubber grips are an extreme plus, as is its ability to take 2 AA's. With NiMH, it will last me almost a month of daily use. Build quality is excellent, and link quality is excellent 98% of the time. Travel size was a little more ($69), but well worth it in my opinion. Also works native with OS X out of the box without any drivers. Or you can use their software.

15. zagato27 macrumors 65816

zagato27

Went back to the RadTech site and see where they made an upgrade from when I purchased the BT500. They now have a usb cord that you can attach to your Mac and it will recharge. Guess you have to be using rechargeable batteries eh? Anyway seems neat. Sorry to say that I don't "need" a small mouse as my main computer is a G5 for which I have a Logitech MX1000 Laser mouse. Love it. There is another small laptop mouse that I got for my wife's iBook(no BT), a BenQ 300 I think. Pretty slick and well made, it uses a usb dongle that is actually housed within the mouse. Pop the button and it slides out....mouse turns on. Put it back in the mouse and mouse turns off. Very nice but I think it has a problem with Tiger as I recall and of course it's not BT.

Let us know how you like your new mouse. Cheers

16. Jiddick ExRex macrumors 65816

Jiddick ExRex

Might be a newb question but anyway:

Out of curiosity how come there are no laser BT mice out there??? Is it because the BT connection is limited and the laser sends more information than the BT can handle?

17. subaru macrumors newbie

I bought the Apple wireless bluetooth mouse when I first got my laptop, and ended up using it two or three times. It's been sitting in the drawer since. :(