Bluetooth mouse Shopping

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by robotrenegade, Jan 16, 2004.

1. robotrenegade macrumors 6502a

Whats a good bluetooth mouse besides the apple brand one. I want one with 2 buttons and a scroll wheel. Thanks for the help.

2. aswitcher macrumors 603

aswitcher

Re: Bluetooth mouse Shopping

I can't comment from personal experience (Yet) but Belkin have one and the Logitech 700mx looks good as well.

You'll have to see what people say about compatibility as there are problems with programable buttons...

Jason

3. superbovine macrumors 68030

superbovine

search this forum for other threads on this subject. this is a really long extensive one on this topic.

4. oldschool macrumors 65816

oldschool

There's really not that much info.

You can get a belkin...only two buttons and a scroll. This has mac drivers.

There is also the Logitech MX900 which if you are in the USA can be purchased right now. This has a few extra buttons which as of now can only be assigned to expose functions as there is no software driver from logitech for the mac. However the mouse will work.

The microsoft is the same deal as the Logitech, but i think that microsoft will take longer to create a driver for the mouse.

The last option is from Bluetake...frankly i've never heard of these guys.

5. abhishekit macrumors 65816

abhishekit

i am also looking for a bluetooth mouse..infact i was looking..i bought a belkin mouse some hours back..the only con mentioned in the review was that it did not setup easily..well i dont care bout that..
    logitech was too costly..then microsoft...umm...i dont really trust them..and then in one of the reviews somone said that it only works with the microsoft adaptor..and cant use other built in adaptor...that i would certainly not like..
    i am not too sure if there are too many other bluetooth mice out there..

abhi

6. James Craner macrumors 68000

James Craner

Microsoft do a bluetooth mouse. A guy at work has a new G4 iBook and a microsoft Bluetooth mouse, he says that it works without any problems with the iBook. He has a iBook with Bluetooth built in.

7. Westside guy macrumors 601

Westside guy

Microsoft's mouse

One or two posts here might be (unintentionally) misleading. The Microsoft Bluetooth mouse - and I'd imagine the Logitech one as well - works fine. Right click automatically maps to control+click, and the scroll wheel works. This is all the majority of folks will use a multi-button mouse for.

The extra fourth and fifth button, though, can only be used for Expose. You can't map them to any specialized functions.

Also, you don't need Microsoft's Bluetooth adapter. The mouse works fine with Apple's built-in Bluetooth.

8. ksz macrumors 68000

The Belkin has 4 buttons and a scrollwheel, which is also button 3. Button 4 is located on the left side.

9. oldschool macrumors 65816

oldschool

I stand corrected.