Bluetooth mouse up to graphic design standards?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by PCM, Sep 29, 2006.

1. PCM macrumors regular

Mar 6, 2005
    Hi all,

I've been crawling through mouse threads all morning, and can't seem to find any reference to whether or not there are any BT mice that are accurate enough for graphic design. I have the old apple BT mouse (one button) and the lag and jitter is pretty bad. Plus it was awkward and gave me hand cramps. So I've reverted to the apple wired (which is accurate but still gives me hand cramps).

I'm about to buy the Logitech MX1000, since it just seems to be the best mouse out there, but I wanted to check to see if there are any more bluetooth mice I should check out. The logitech BT looks cool, but it requires that huge dock, which kind of makes it worthless since the MX1000 is more accurate (laser RF).

Money is NOT really an issue. So any price under 100 bucks is fine with me. There's got to be something that doesn't require a designated dongle right? What's the point of having a BT mouse if it requires a tethered dongle IMO?

2. MikeDTyke macrumors 6502a

Sep 7, 2005
    Have owned an MX1000 for over a year now. Can't beat it for reliability, lack of latency and accuracy. The new revolutions just released look kinda cool with the free spinning wheel. But i'm sticking with my current mouse.

Note the MX1000 has a tethered dock. it is NOT Bluetooth, rather dedicated RF. Which doesn't suffer lag as i've found with every BT mouse i've tried.

Good choice, now a reasonable price.
  3. trueheart78 macrumors member

Sep 21, 2006
    I've been using an MX 1000 for over a year now and I highly recommend them. If this is for a laptop, the dock can be bothersome, but I hacked mine apart and made it more 'mobile friendly'. The rechargeable batteries are definitely worth the price of admission.

Still doesn't work well on a glass topped desk though w/o some type of pad.
  4. amiga macrumors 6502

Jul 12, 2006
  5. PCM thread starter macrumors regular

Mar 6, 2005
    already have a Wacom 6x8. I tried to use that mouse but it just doesn't cut it for me.

Sounds like the MX1000 it is. Thanks folks!
  6. trueheart78 macrumors member

Sep 21, 2006
    One thing I like about the MX 1000... it's gotten rave reviews all over. Even Newegg has it with like 468 user reviews and still 5 stars (or is that eggs?)
  7. PCM thread starter macrumors regular

Mar 6, 2005
    actually the MX1000 seems to be discontinued, what's up with the VX revolution? Anyone try this thing yet? I like the fact that there's no dock.
  8. trueheart78 macrumors member

Sep 21, 2006
    VX = Batteries not included = no dock

Logitech MX Revolution is the new version of the MX 1000 I believe - comes with a dock and built-in batteries.
  9. cube macrumors G4

May 10, 2004
    The MX1000 is not discontinued. As far as the Revolution goes, some people have been posting issues on Mac. I am waiting for updated software before getting one.
  10. PCM thread starter macrumors regular

Mar 6, 2005
    Well I'm using my new MX Revolution right now. Definitely loving it so far. The hand countour is great - scroll wheel feels nice too. For a company that is all about wonderful industrial design, the apple mouse sure has little functional value. After a 9-10 hour day, my hand was always in a permanent claw.