Bluetooth mouse

Discussion in 'macOS' started by bigboy99, Apr 27, 2006.

1. bigboy99 macrumors 6502

I'm using a Kensington Bluetooth mouse with my PBG4. The pairing is perfect, except that every one in a while the mouse will occasionally start tracking late, and very "jerky". This behavior is most noticeable in Safari, but occasionally shows up in other apps, too.

I can't determine if this is a Bluetooth or a graphics issue. Anyone else with similar experiences?

2. techound1 macrumors 68000

techound1

Is it power-related issue? Perhaps it's going to sleep intermittently on you? The batteries going?

3. iGary Guest

iGary

My Apple wireless mouth does the same thing.

I hate wireless mouses.

4. BakedBeans macrumors 68040

BakedBeans

I've owned three and have never experienced it. im vice versa - i hate wired mice :p

5. yankeefan24 macrumors 65816

yankeefan24

I have two bluetooth apple mice and i had to replace batteries almost every other week. I am sticking with wired.

6. FireArse macrumors 6502a

Mice

Do you see any other anomalies? Is there anything else that may lead you to think graphics?

Have you done a hardware test?

I think 95% mouse issue. Take the wireless out and use a wired mouse for a week. If you don't notice anything, replace the batteries with Duracell M3 batteries and give that a go.

F

7. steve_hill4 macrumors 68000

steve_hill4

I'm still holding on for a BT Mighty Mouse, (sometime soon I hope). Hopefully it will also have an on/off switch underneath.

8. Mojo67821 macrumors regular

I've been using a Kensington bt mouse with my macbook... I love that freaking thing. I'm considering plunking down the money for bt speakers now too... down with wires!!!

9. bigboy99 thread starter macrumors 6502

It's an excellent product, but the bizarre tracking is is a mystery.

I change batteries about every three weeks. It's very obvious when they start to die. As long as the red light in the mouse is solid the batteries are okay. This issue is more random, if I go to mouse prefs and reset the tracking speed it seems to fix it for a while. The mouse goes to sleep after about 10 minutes of idling, but restarts within seconds of being clicked.

Which hardware can be tested, and how?

10. janey macrumors 603

janey

i switch batteries in my wireless mouse every other day.

But...it's a Logitech G7 and comes with two rechargeable batteries that you can switch on the fly and then use/charge at the same time :D :D :D

I'm frankly in love with it.

(i have occasional jerkiness with my mouse too...but that tends to be related to interference from wireless networks and 2.4ghz cordless phones and such..actually that might be your problem, check it out. i know bluetooth is on the same 2.4ghz band, but deals with interference by changing channels rapidly, but it doesn't always work)

11. bigboy99 thread starter macrumors 6502

The nearest phone is 900 MHz, the other one is way up there, over 5 GHz. The jerkiness is incredibly random; when it's occuring it doesn't affect all open apps.

And of course, since I started this thread the issue hasn't happened once.

12. janey macrumors 603

janey

well, it's happened to me once when my neighbor was talking on the phone...so um..not necessarily you ;)