Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Skystar

macrumors 6502
May 15, 2007
I am interested in getting some bluetooth stereo headsets for the iphone that also double as a call headset. Anyone have anything like this and have any experience with any products like this. i want to be able to listen to music and answer calls wirelessly. the ones below look pretty cool. Any suggestions??

http://www.buy.com/prod/lubix-stereo-bluetooth-headset-black-ubhs-nc1/q/loc/101/204427396.html

Stereo bluetooth headsets are currently not supported by the iPhone. You would be wasting your money, as it will only work for calls.

CRT3

macrumors newbie
Jul 24, 2007
Stereo bluetooth headsets are currently not supported by the iPhone. You would be wasting your money, as it will only work for calls.

Actually I saw a pair in the Apple Store last week. Specifically for the Iphone. Do not remember the brand name but they have them.

javaGuru

macrumors 6502a
Jul 15, 2007
Actually I saw a pair in the Apple Store last week. Specifically for the Iphone. Do not remember the brand name but they have them.

Cool, I will have to look for that the next time in in the apples store.

madagi

macrumors member
May 6, 2005
Hanover, PA
You must have either saw a bluetooth headset for making/receiving calls or you saw a standard pair of headphones for the iPhone. To the best of my knowledge, the iPhone would have to support AVRCP for you to be able to use BT headphones for music as well as calling... and I don't believe the iPhone supports AVRCP.

Also, they're not on their website. I'm pretty sure if they were selling such an item in their stores, it would also appear on their site.

GTiPhone

macrumors regular
Jul 22, 2007
Island Heights, NJ
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/1A543a Safari/419.3)

Apple would have developed their own if this was even possible. It would be the hottest item out.

megfilmworks

macrumors 68020
Jul 1, 2007
Sherman Oaks
As I understand it iPhone does NOT currently support stereo bluetooth. Even if it did, the audio quality of the Bluetooth spec is only passable.

sunday888

macrumors member
Jun 30, 2007
Silicon Valley
I have the Jabra BT620s bluetooth headphones. They're okay. A bit big and bulky and each earpiece has annoying flashing LEDs. But, they work fine. I use the Jabra BT stereo transmitter (A-125s, I think) with my 60GB iPod and it works very nicely with the 620s. It won't work with the iPhone (yet) because, of course, the jack doesn't fit in the iPhone's recessed socket.

I also have the 620s paired as a headset with the iPhone and they work fine in that mode. I also use them with the Mac when I use Skype.

But, please, Apple, support the A2DP profile. Please. :mad:

Deuceklub1911

macrumors newbie
Aug 15, 2007
I have the Jabra BT620s bluetooth headphones. They're okay. A bit big and bulky and each earpiece has annoying flashing LEDs. But, they work fine. I use the Jabra BT stereo transmitter (A-125s, I think) with my 60GB iPod and it works very nicely with the 620s. It won't work with the iPhone (yet) because, of course, the jack doesn't fit in the iPhone's recessed socket.

I also have the 620s paired as a headset with the iPhone and they work fine in that mode. I also use them with the Mac when I use Skype.

But, please, Apple, support the A2DP profile. Please. :mad:

Sunday888, I have the Jabra A125 and I use it with the Motorola HT820 headset. The volume on the HT820s is WAYYY too low to enjoy. I thought about buying the Jabra BT headset but I didn't want to waste the money if I was going to get the same result. How is the volume with the combo you have?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.