Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pozzi

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 30, 2016
NorCal
Installed new RAM on my late 2012 21.5" i5 Intel iMac and (besides the fact that it's the worst design for any Mac for upgrading something simple like RAM) once reassembled, I no longer have Bluetooth.
Bluetooth icon is grayed out with a black zig-zag through it and the status when clicked says "Bluetooth: Not Available"
Screen Shot 2016-03-30 at 12.37.19 PM.png

System Profiler doesn't even show anything for the BT card:
Screen Shot 2016-03-30 at 12.37.49 PM.png

The crazy thing is that WiFi works...so I don't think it's the Airport/BT card. I checked all cables and connections twice now and nothing seems to be out of place or disconnected. All four antenna leads are snapped in place on the card (not sure which one is the Bluetooth antenna specifically)

I reset PRAM and power so all temp memory should have been reset and even booted into UNIX and ran FSCK command to clean up any bad stuff.

What am I missing/not seeing?

(crap part is when reassembling the first time I used new adhesive strips to reattach screen and after having to open it multiple times, the new strips seem to hold better than the OEM stuff and I also cracked my screen!!! :(:mad::confused::(:(...I'll deal with that later)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.