Bluetooth Pairing on Vehicles with iPhone 5

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by tacvbo83, Sep 23, 2012.

1. macrumors newbie

I just went from iPhone 4 to iPhone 5 and can't use the awesome feature of pairing with my GMC 2011 Sierra. Used to work perfect with my iPhone 4. Is anyone having the same issue? Would it be iOS 6 or the phone itself. I hope it is something that can get fixed soon since I used that feature everyday. I do turn on bluetooth and just says now discoverable but does not show anything.

2. macrumors 68000

vastoholic

I'm not having an issue, but I am using an aftermarket JVC receiver. It was made prior to iPhone 5 obviously. I'm not familiar with any stock BlueTooth capable vehicles though. This is my first experience using BT. Mine just takes about 30 seconds to sync again once I turn my car on.

3. macrumors newbie

Works fine with My 2011 Ford F-150 using "sync"

4. macrumors 65816

Rooskibar03

First make sure your car isn't still paired with your old phone. 2nd reset the cars bluetooth settings, a lot of cars only allow one phone paired in the system.

Our Audi allows for up to 4 devices in the system, 1 at a time, but the subaru only allows for one.

5. macrumors 65816

Caliber26

It's working just fine on my 2012 Civic. As the other poster said, reset all of your bluetooth settings in your car or contact the dealership for help.

6. macrumors 6502a

SBik2

It works in my 2011 camaro which has a really similar system as well as my dads 2010 silverado. Just make sure any paired device is removed, I had to clear all of them to get it to work.

7. macrumors newbie

I am also having similar problems in my 2007 Camry Hybrid. I can pair up to 6 phones and have never had a problem. I tried deleting all other phones and trying again, but no luck.

I think the issue is with the phone - usually when I try to pair, I get a box showing the device (called HandsFree - not too imaginative) and a place to enter the passkey. Now, I just get a box showing the number 1 and no option to enter the passkey. Frustrating - I use this daily!

8. macrumors P6

dukebound85

yes and remember to pair it as a phone, not as an audio source

9. macrumors regular

My wife paired hers to her Mazda CX-9 without any help from me.

10. macrumors 68000

Are you going into the menus on the truck and starting the pairing procedure?

11. macrumors 68020

I've paired it with my home audo device but when I tried my wifes car (aftermarket clarion HU) I couldn't get it. I think it was, as someone stated, because she was paired and it wouldn't let me boot her to pair me. I have to disconnect hers first. Haven't messed with it beyond this.

I know BT works tho cause I had it working with my home audio (samsung sound bar/sub)

12. macrumors 6502a

Working fine with my 2010 TSX (whoops, forgot I should be ashamed to mention I own an Acura) :D

All functions working correctly, including audio controls via the steering wheel. Siri also works via the car audio.

You said you turned on bluetooth, but did you go through the actual pairing process with the vehicle?

13. macrumors 6502a

Working fine with my belkin aircast bluetooth.

Siri quality is still dreadful though. Really don't understand why the quality is downgraded over bluetooth.

14. macrumors newbie

Bluetooth pairs up and works fine on my 2007 BMW 328xi.

15. macrumors newbie

iphone 5 pairing

I am also having problems pairing with my iphone 5 with my bmw m3. It worked flawlessly with three other phones (4, 4s).

16. macrumors 601

Impossible to say based on your OP. What, exactly, have you tried and what happens?

17. macrumors regular

Paired fine on my '11 Infiniti G37S. Bluetooth Audio works great as well since I can't use the USB connector I originally used for my ip4.

Try bluetooth off and back on and see if that works.

18. macrumors newbie

iphone 5 pairing

I am also having problems pairing with my iphone 5 with my bmw m3. It worked flawlessly with three other phones (4, 4s).

19. macrumors member

I'm having trouble pairing with 2011 Prius. I've reset and paired, powered on/off repeatedly. I can't get the Bluetooth to connect with audio and phone functions. I can get one or the other.

20. macrumors 6502

Bluetooth pairing works fine on my 2012 Sonata. Streaming audio and calls have been flawless.

21. macrumors 6502a

22. macrumors regular

Had the same issue with my 12 G37. As stated above, I just had to clear out my old phone from the vehicles phone list and then setup this one with the car as a new phone and it works fine.

23. macrumors 6502

KittyToy

24. macrumors 6502a

I also have a 2011 GMC Sierra. Here is what I did to pair my iPhone 5 after I got it.

1. Delete the old phone by holding down the phone button on the steering wheel, saying Bluetooth, then delete and the name of the phone stored.
    2. Same as above, but say pair instead of delete.
    3. Make sure iPhone Bluetooth is on and select My Vehicle from Bluetooth settings screen.
    4. Enter pin shown on the DIC.

Hope this helps.

25. macrumors member

Works fine with my 2009 Mazda5 and with the JVC deck in my F350