Bluetooth Phone for iCal?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by MrSugar, Feb 11, 2004.

1. MrSugar macrumors 6502a

MrSugar

I am thinking about upgrading my cell to a new blue tooth capable phone, but I am not sure what the best option is. I don't use a PDA so my phone is my main calendar, I am looking for a phone that will work with iCal via BT. I was curious as to if anyone here had any reccomendations. Thanks!

2. g808 macrumors regular

My Sony Ericsson T616 syncs great with iCal over BT.

3. Toeknee macrumors regular

Toeknee

Yeah most Sony Ericssons with bluetooth sync up well with macs. My T68i works like a charm with iCal. Might wanna aim for something newer though im already thinking of replacing mine with a Sony Ericsson Z600 whenever they get them here.

4. tdhurst macrumors 68040

tdhurst

Yep

Most ericsson phones work great, T608 user here. It's flawless.

5. Hackcomic.com macrumors regular

I just got a new G5 and I have a T/T and a bluetooth T610. So, my question is- what do I need to do to use Ican? I synch up my computer through Palm desktop. I see there is isycn- but does this sync everything from my palm- every program too? Or jsut ical? Basically how do I get all my info on ical instead of using the palm desktop claender? But while still backing up all my voice memos and notes and programs and such onto my computer.

6. tdhurst macrumors 68040

tdhurst

iSync palm conduit

Make sure you have that conduit (you should already, if you are syncing at all). Go to the root level of your hard drive, then library-application support-palm hot sync. Move the apple conduit from disabled into conduits. Then move address book and datebook into disable conduits (these are the palm conduits, apple add book and iCal are both in the Apple Conduit.
    Make sure you restart.

7. CmdrLaForge macrumors 68040

CmdrLaForge

Get the new Sony Ericson T630. Its great. Better display then T610 and much better design. Will be released within the next days.

8. raytube macrumors member

Hi,
    I have a nokia n-gage and it works excellently, good bluetooth support, syncs address, calendars, to do's. It also functions an mp3 player and just mounts on the desktop with the included mini-usb cable. It uses SDCards for holding files so you can put up to 256mb in there. I know it's a phone designed for gaming but it's really good to use. I would say the only downside is the dumb way you have to hold it if you don't use a hands free kit with it!

Cheers,

Rick

9. abhishekit macrumors 65816

abhishekit

isync can sync every paired bt device. You can choose to sync your ical and/or address book. Just pair up your palm with the mac, open isync. It will show your palm. Goto preferneces and you can change the settings of sync (by default its ical and address book both). Then press sync.
    cheers

10. 1macker1 macrumors 65816

1macker1

I just bought a T608, and it workd great with iCal. But it doesnt work with salling clicker or Romeo programs.

11. 1macker1 macrumors 65816

1macker1

Re: Yep

Can you get salling clicker or the Romeo program to work with your T608.

12. virividox macrumors 601

virividox

Manila - Nottingham - Philadelphia - Santa Barbar
    i dont think romeo supports teh 608 but it works on several others, dunno why tho

13. 1macker1 macrumors 65816

1macker1

I just got a email from salling clicker support, and it's not supported for the T608

14. MrSugar thread starter macrumors 6502a

MrSugar

Thanks for all the great info guys.

I am looking for a phone that will work with those programs too, they can like switch music, and stuff right?

The reason I ask is my roommate just got a T610 and it's sweet, but I wanted to see what else worked.

Thanks again!