Bluetooth Phones

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by m4rc, Oct 21, 2003.

1. m4rc macrumors 6502

I have just had my 15" PB delivered - hooray! - and easily connected it via bluetooth to my SE T610. I can get the 2 to talk and sync no problem, but I really want to use the feature Steve Jobs used on stage - when the phone rings the caller ID shows on the PB screen, with the option to send to voicemail and send a tggext message.

I realise I have to have Address Book open, but is that it? It isnt doing anything, even though syncing is fine, and all contacts are in the phone and the address book. Anyone come across this yet?

Marc

2. LimeLite macrumors 6502a

LimeLite

In AddressBook, there is a bluetooth button that shows up to the upper right of the window when bluetooth is enabled on the computer. This button must be pressed to create a connection between the computer and the phone.

3. m4rc thread starter macrumors 6502

4. pepeleuepe macrumors 6502

check out Romeo it will make your phone do things you never imagined it could do.

5. LimeLite macrumors 6502a

LimeLite

6. G4scott macrumors 68020

G4scott

iWish sprint made a bluetooth phone. They're supposed to have a new Sony-Erricson phone out by the end of the year, but I imagine that one's going to cost a bundle...

Maybe with some cash I foresee myself getting in the near future, I might be able to afford one...

7. ibookin' macrumors 65816

ibookin'

Same problem I'm having with Verizon...

They do have 2 BT phones, but Verizon does not offer them directly, meaning that you can't get a deal with a new contract. The phones are the Motorola P270 and the Sony Ericsson T61c, both of which are not very feature-rich phones.

8. patrick0brien macrumors 68040

patrick0brien

-LimeLite

I agree, but it won't work for we fellows with Symbian phones like the S/E p800 or Nokis 3650. Romeo is the only game in town - and it's plenty good IMHO.

9. LimeLite macrumors 6502a

LimeLite

Romeo is definitely good. And the fact that it's free is also quite a plus. But for the T610, like he was saying he has, the price of the Salling Clicker is more than worth it.

Of course, you could always get both. Just use them individually. :)