bluetooth printing?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by thorshammer88, May 4, 2005.

1. macrumors member

Hello, I just ordered an imac today and am trying to figure out what I need to enable bluetooth for my printer. Could I just get the linksys bluetooth adapter and plug it into my printers USB port since the imac already comes bluetooth enabled? Thanks for any help

2. macrumors 604

ravenvii

Pretty much, but there's still possible issues - your printer might not work with a bluetooth dongle plugged in it, or your Mac might not recnogize the printer through the BT dongle.

I have no idea what I'm talking about though, just issues that I think might happen.

3. Nuc
    macrumors 6502a

Nuc

This is very interesting.

I never thought of doing this, sounds awesome if you could enable a regular printer to become a bluetooth printer. I'm very interested in the answer. Anyone????

Nuc

4. macrumors 68000

Josias

Sorry to revive and old thread, but as they say: "Search the forums first".:D

Anyways. I see my Canon S330 Photo on Apple's drivers list, and it works flawlessly with USB. Now, my question is also, would it work if I purchased a BT adapter for my printer. Those are upqrds of $60 in Denmark, and I don't wanna spend tha much money, on something that won't work.

I'm trying to get rid of all the wires in my setup. I just ordered a BT Mighty Mouse, and now I want my last wire, except the power supply, to disappear: the USB printe cable. So, does anybody actually know this, or have anybody tried this?

5. macrumors 6502a

slackersonly

you would need a usb/bluetooth converter that has the correct usb connection. I have one but it is the wrong usb connection or I would test this for you.

Neat concept. Wonder how it would work with mulitple computers?