bluetooth printing

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by placebo, Aug 27, 2004.

1. placebo macrumors member

how do i know if my printer is bluetooth compatable? i've looked on apples website and haven't found any lists.

2. kgarner macrumors 68000

kgarner

The printer manual or box should say. I think that if it had it they would try to announce it in someway, as it would be a cool feature.

Just FYI, not many printers currently have Bluetooth built in, but manufacturers and third parties are providing Bluetooth adapter kits for printers.

3. Solafaa macrumors 6502a

Solafaa

Check for bluetooth printers on google, i dont think bluetooth printers is any good. I dont find them "that usefull", i rather connect them via cable and have it print, i dont print that much anyeay.

4. kgarner macrumors 68000

kgarner

Yeah, but if you have a Powerbook and just want to print something off, it is kind of a hassle to go and plug it in. Why not just be able to print if you are in the same room. HP has a printer now that has built in WIFI. So as long as you are on the network you could print. If Epson put that feature into their R300, I would buy it for sure.

5. placebo thread starter macrumors member

yeah i have a small apartment and a 12 inch powerbook.. i constantly use my wireless around the apt. to chat, would be nice if i didnt have to go plug the cable back in everytime

6. kgarner macrumors 68000

kgarner

What model of printer is it? If it doesn't have Bluetooth already (likely) then you can probably add it to it for something $60-$70.