Bluetooth Problem in PB (Latest Rev.)

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by berkleeboy210, Nov 6, 2005.

1. macrumors 68000

This morning i turned on my PowerBook (15" 1.67ghz) and usually the bluetooth icon is available, but this morning, theres a little line through it and it says "bluetooth not avaible". It doesn't even give me the option to turn it on or off.

It's not that big of a deal, since I rarely use Bluetooth, but I was just curious as to why this started happening all of a sudden, it was fine last night.

Has anyone ever experienced this problem before?

2. thread starter macrumors 68000

Anyone?

3. macrumors 6502a

this just happened to me today, and im looking for an aswer as well....i have a mouse so it makes it annoying

4. macrumors 68020

pdpfilms

Have you checked out your preferences? What does your Bluetooth pane have to say about it?

5. thread starter macrumors 68000

I just checked the Bluetooth prefrences..... and turned bluetooth on from that menu. but it still says "Bluetooth: Not Available" in the menu.... It has the Bluetooth logo, but a line across it.

6. macrumors newbie

Same here

I have the same issue on a 12"/867 powerbook, bluetooth just up and disappered today as well. The best I get is a bluetooth not found, the best solution I have tried so far was to reset the power manager,check Apple's Website for your model.
    I was able to get the preference pane to click through to what should be a bluetooth page.
    I had torn apart my powerbook recently and had thought maybe I screwed it up. Seeing your predicament gives me hope that it may not be my fault after all!
    Try the C-O-P-R trick and then the power manager reset, also try C-O-O-F then reset-nvram & reset-all and see if that helps. Let me know if you need clarifications. These are some old school apple tricks though, in case you are a newbie.

7. macrumors 68020

pdpfilms

8. Moderator

840quadra

Staff Member

Per the link,

Take the suggestions that mad jew and myself are recommending. If this doesn't fix your problem, check back to that thread as we will continue to try and help :p .

[​IMG]

9. thread starter macrumors 68000

I'll try resetting the PMU tomorrow and let you guys know the results....

Seems very strange that quite a few of us are experiencing the same problem at almost the same time.

10. macrumors 6502a

jbrown

This worked

I had this same problem, and was having trouble finding a fix.

Then on this it site I stumbled on a thread that said that .. strange as it sounds .. you need to take your battery out and then reseat. Hey presto - problem sorted.

I cant remember if you had to shut the computer off first.

good luck

11. macrumors 6502a

it worked for me

12. macrumors newbie

Uhh yeah, cause obviously mine were completely unhelpful...let me follow the link... seems like the exact same advice!

Just having fun Quadra!