Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

0explorer

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 2, 2008
I have a Macbook Air with VMware Fusion running a virtual machine of Windows XP SP2. I'm trying to get bluetooth to work under XP, but I'm running into what seems to be a driver problem. Windows can not find the "Bluetooth USB Host Controller" driver. I've checked for the driver on the install CD and the MS website.

maybe related to the fact that the MBA has bluetooth 2.1+EDR?? Any ideas, suggestions would be greatly apprectiated.

TIA

aiongiant

macrumors 6502a
Aug 8, 2006
i think it is a driver issue with bluetooth 2.1
prob have to wait for 10.5.2 to come out or vmware to release new drivers

killercheung

macrumors newbie
Feb 2, 2008
As I remember my Macbook Pro's bluetooth hardware is not regonzinable under windows xp without installing the boot camp driver. I have no idea what's on Macbook Air , because I'm still waiting for my Macbook Air :D

0explorer

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 2, 2008
Thanks for the help....guess I'll just have to be patient. FWIW, bluetooth (from a driver standpoint) does seem to work on my iMac using VMware fusion..

FelipeNaranja

macrumors newbie
Jul 22, 2009
BootCamp doesn't work

I have the very same problem but I used BootCamp and Windows didn't recognize BlueTooth.

retina

macrumors newbie
Oct 11, 2009
You don't need boot camp. Just pop the leopard disc into a windows computer. It'll take you right to the windows' drivers installers which you copy and paste into your MBA. Pick the ones for bluetooth.
Works like a dream!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.