Bluetooth problems

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Diatribe, Jan 23, 2006.

1. Diatribe macrumors 601

Diatribe

My dad is having problems with his BT keyboard and mouse. His Powerbook doesn't find them anymore and therefore cannot connect. This started recently and since I don't use BT on my PB I don't really know how to help him. Repairing permissions, trashing the BT.plist have done no good. Anyone know what else to try?

2. Diatribe thread starter macrumors 601

Diatribe

3. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

not having problems myself. and not on my mac.... but...

has he tried re-pairing the devices? using the BT setup utility?
    make sure his batteries are good.
    perhaps try a different user to see if the problem persists there.

4. Diatribe thread starter macrumors 601

Diatribe

Yeah, told him to do the first, was gonna tell him about the batteries but the last one he hasn't tried, totally forgot about that. Thanks for the tip.
    It's kinda hard, troubleshooting when I'm in Mexico and he's in Germany... iChat is nice and all but explaining those things as compared to doing them yourself sucks. :( Thanks again though. :) I'll let you know how it goes.

5. caccamolle macrumors 6502

I more and more suspect there is a bug in 10.4.4 for the BT mouse, which is revealed when one replaces the batteries. Those who say they have no problem might try to replace the batteries or just take them out and put them back in, that would be the only way to know.....

6. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

When re-pairing the devices, do so separately and far away from anything that could cause interference, even if that means momentarily turning off a wireless network. :)

7. Diatribe thread starter macrumors 601

Diatribe

I just got off the phone with my dad and he said it is working again. I guess relying on someone else that the batteries have been replaced isn't the best thing to do :rolleyes: