Bluetooth Remote Control?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by isus, May 4, 2005.

1. isus macrumors regular

i had been using romeo for as long as i can remember with panther, but now that 10.4 is out, it seems to be broken. romeo hasn't been developed for months, if not a year now, but i still want a free way to control my mac. salling clicker looks alright, but there is no way i will pay $20 for it.

anybody got a good, free alternative?

thanks

2. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

I was afraid of that. Romeo is such a cool application -- I don't know if I even want to upgrade to Tiger if I can't have it. Have you tried writing to the developer? Maybe he can turn the binaries over to somebody else, if he's no longer interested in the project.

3. isus thread starter macrumors regular

no, you can still have romeo. but i use the system menu option, and for some reason, when i start it, it says "document can not be created"? if i can't find anything better, i'll stick with it, i mean its just one error each time you run it

4. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

I'm not familiar with that option. I only use it to run Keynote presentations. Are you saying that part still works?

I wrote to the developer, btw. He hadn't heard any complaints about Tiger incompatibility, but he said he'd look into it when he had a chance to upgrade himself. Just a few days, he hoped. So we might not have to find a substitute for Romeo after all.

Couldn't hurt to drop him a note explaining your problem (and also tell him how much you like his work). His address is in the documentation.