Bluetooth Remote for iTunes, iDVD

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by jimjiminyjim, Sep 19, 2004.

1. jimjiminyjim macrumors 6502

Feb 24, 2003
    Sorry, this is not a post about one I've got. I'm looking for one. I did a quick search on the forums, and came up with some hacks for various bluetooth cell phones, and the infrared based Keyspan Digital Media Remote Control, which is really ugly (see the attached image).

: Does anyone know of a simple and elegant product that I can use as a remote for iTunes and iDVD?

Attached Files:

2. Gee macrumors 65816

Feb 27, 2004
    London, UK
    Salling Clicker (see version tracker) and a bluetooth cell phone is really the way to go....
  3. evil_santa macrumors 6502a

Sep 23, 2003
    London, England
    The Salling Clicker is very good, I was using it on a t68i, but now use a nokia6600. The Nokia has better range than t68 & more features. :)
  4. dav macrumors 6502

Jun 29, 2004
  5. scottwat macrumors regular

Oct 9, 2003
    Ohio USA
    Romeo and Veta

I have a Nokia 3650 and I have been using this for a couple weeks now and have fallen in love. you can use other phones as a bluetooth remote as well. I think the best thing about it is that it is extensible via applescript. I didn't get a quicktime player plug in with it so I wrote my own. if you are slightly handy with applescript ( its very simple) then you can easily add support for about any program. For me I thought I would like a stand alone remote, but this seems to be a much nicer solution. can be a pain in the arse at times, especially if you don't stay paired, but this is an issue more with the nature of bluetooth, which by the way is a technology that I like, even if it isn't perfect.
  6. Ryan1524 macrumors 65816

Apr 9, 2003
    Canada GTA
    i use Salling Clicker and T637. Wireless bliss.
  7. t300 macrumors 6502a

Apr 10, 2004
    I am not sure what search you used but this topic is all over the boards, and was not too hard for me to just now type in and find. But yes, as everyone has said before and will say again, Salling Clicker takes all....for now.
  8. JFreak macrumors 68040

Jul 11, 2003
    Tampere, Finland
    salling clicker is just amazing!

until you try, you cannot even imagine the effect on the crowd when you do your presentation away from the laptop controlling the slideshow with your phone that you keep in your pocket where nobody can see it - of course, many have been used to timed presentations, but once someone asks you a question and you go back few slides... what an awesome faces people can make :D :D :D
  9. jimjiminyjim thread starter macrumors 6502

Feb 24, 2003
    That's some fairly consistent replys... salling. I guess that's the way to go. Thanks all.
  10. atomiton macrumors regular

Sep 23, 2004
    Perhaps they think you're playing pocket pool... when playing with your phone in your pocket? :p
  11. munkle macrumors 68030

Aug 7, 2004
    On a jet plane
    Check out Romeo as well, like Salling Clicker but free. However, it is obviously more limited and only supports a few phones. Just thought I'd throw an alternative in there!
  12. atomiton macrumors regular

Sep 23, 2004
    Romeo is donateWare.

If you find it valuable, then give the author a few bucks, will ya.