Bluetooth remote?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by ravenvii, Mar 5, 2006.

1. ravenvii macrumors 604

Mar 17, 2004
    Melenkurion Skyweir
    I am sitting here, and wondering why no one has released a Bluetooth remote for the Mac. I'm probably not the first to think about this. I have a Mac mini (with a G4). I've installed FrontRow on it with the hack, and it works great. I was thinking when I upgrade to a new computer, this Mac mini can easily become the media center for the living room. But what's missing is a remote. I was thinking it'd be easy to do a Bluetooth remote that has programmable buttons.

Yes, I know about Salling Clicker, but you have to have a phone or PDA to use that, and I don't want to buy a phone just to use as a remote.
  2. plinkoman macrumors 65816

Jul 2, 2003
    New York
    man, there is nothing i'd like more right now then for apple to release front row for ALL macs, and ship it with a new version of the apple remote that is bluetooth. ahh, one can only dream... :rolleyes:

but seriously, i'd settle for any bluetooth remote as i'm sick of my crappy airclick, but no matter how hard i look, i can't find a mac compatible bluetooth remote :(
  3. upperblue79 macrumors regular

Mar 26, 2004
    Little Rock, AR
    I found this doing a google search for bluetooth remote control, but all the other links were software to make cell phones into remotes.