Bluetooth Standard on Next iBook Revision?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by finalcoolman, Apr 15, 2005.

1. finalcoolman macrumors 6502

Well, after seeing the rumors to make Bluetooth 2.0 standard across the range on the next iMacs, do you think it would happen to the next iBooks? Cause I want to buy a 12" iBook from Best Buy, after the next hardware revision comes out with Tiger. Thing is though I'd rather buy a base model through Best Buy than custom order it through Apple.ca. But I mean, since Apple does have things like Bluetooth mice and keyboards, and in order to make people adopt all these things, Bluetooth should be a standard feature on all Macs anyways.

2. Mitthrawnuruodo Moderator emeritus

Mitthrawnuruodo

I really hope so. I was stupid enough not to buy the (internal) Bluetooth module when I got my iBook G4 (I ordered the day it was announced, and Apple's webpages did not make it clear if the BTO Bluetooth module was internal or an USB adapter, the only link was to an USB adapter)... So I'm using my old Keyspan USB dongle... :(

I think Bluetooth should be built-in across the line... each Bluetooth module costs less than $4, when bought in large quantity... that should be affordable...