Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

EDH667

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 25, 2009
Northern California
Anyone else having issues with the iPad not auto connecting to a set of stereo Bluetooth headphones after they are paired?

Each time I have to go into settings and highlight the Bluetooth device before they will connect.

MattWylde

macrumors regular
Sep 17, 2009
I've been trying to find out all week if you're able to change the tracks via the BT headphones on the iPad when listening to the iPod player. Would you do me a HUGE favor and try it out and let me know?

CVC

macrumors member
Oct 22, 2005
Southern California
My cheap Sony DR-BT22A headset works fine.

Each time I have to go into settings and highlight the Bluetooth device before they will connect.

This is the way it has always worked on my iPod Touch. It seems to work this way on the iPad as well.

I've been trying to find out all week if you're able to change the tracks via the BT headphones on the iPad when listening to the iPod player.

Nope. Just like my Touch, it will pause, but not change tracks. And the pause is pretty flaky. I can get it to pause OK, but to un-pause I have to press the button several times to get it to start again. Sometimes I have to press pause on the device to get it to start again.

Bluetooth on the iPod Touch was an afterthought. Apple didn't implement it until people discovered there was bluetooth capability built into the wifi chip they used and started loudly complaining that it wasn't used. Then they half-heartedly put in the ability to use it. There is also FM radio capability in the chip as well. There has been a rumor going around forever that Apple will bring out an FM radio app. They built it into the iPod Nano, but nothing for the Touch, iPhone or iPad.

EDH667

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 25, 2009
Northern California
My cheap Sony DR-BT22A headset works fine.

This is the way it has always worked on my iPod Touch. It seems to work this way on the iPad as well.

Thanks, I was used to them auto connecting as they do on my iPhone. I guess I will have to adjust until hopefully the next software update.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.