Bluetooth- Stereo headphones or headset

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by Eniregnat, May 2, 2004.

1. macrumors 68000

Eniregnat

Bluetooth- Stereo headphones or headset

Has anybody used a Bluetooth headset to import audio (from the microphone) or used Bluetooth stereo headphones with their PowerBook? It would be nice to use a combo set like this one(OBH-0100 by SONORIX), but before I budget my money, I want to know if it will work on my new 12” PB and what people's expierence is with Bluetooth audio devices.

Post Script: I searched the forums and didn't find anything relivent.

2. macrumors 68030

superbovine

i have used the headset with my powerbook. the audio quality recorded isn't very good.

3. macrumors 6502a

jackieonasses

uncompressed sound is about 1mbps and bluetooth is about 700kbps per second. and that isnt even real world stats. i got this from someone else on a previous forum....

4. macrumors 68030

superbovine

hmm interesting info, you happened to have to link to that forum?

5. Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

There was a forum thread going on about this a while ago. Is this thing actually for sale yet? On the page you posted, the "buy a sample" link seems to only be for some kind of beta testing or evaluation program -- there isn't a price listed (even in Won:)) and you need some kind of code to buy it.

I don't know if anyone has a clear idea of how this works, since a lot of people on the net are saying what jackieonasses said -- that the bandwidth of BT is marginal. But I think other BT-based solutions have been demoed besides this one for high quality audio. Maybe they use both the digital and the analog BT channel at the same time? Who knows.