Bluetooth strange problem Help!!!

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by mymemory, May 28, 2005.

1. mymemory macrumors 68020

mymemory

Hi, I have a 12" powerbook and two weeks ago it couldn't recognize my wireless keyboard or mouse. I saw in the web that the way to fix ti was reseting the "I do not know what" by un-pluging the power cable, turning it off, taking off the batery and pressing the start button for several seconds. Then to connect everything again and that is it.

It works but since yesterday is happening every time I start up the computer, at list 4 times a day.

Before going to the genious bar, can some one help me out in this?

thanx

2. mymemory thread starter macrumors 68020

mymemory

Ok, I upgraded the firmware in the computer and in the mouse and keyboard. I still having the same problem.

If I do the batery stuff and wait for a few minutes the bluetooth work. But if I turn the machinne off and one it does not. :..(

3. asif786 macrumors 65816

asif786

hey,

when did these problems start? after installing tiger?

i get the 'cannot find mouse/kb' every couple of weeks. i think it's only started since tiger, but i'm not sure..

sorry i cant help; but i'll definitely be interested to see what the solution is, if there is one.

:)

4. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

Hmmm...that is strange! :( Have you made sure that both BT devices are on good batteries? The only suggestions I have off-hand are:

- Zap pram and nvram (there're guides here on this...there are two separate procedures for the two pieces of non-volatile memory, though)

- Try going into your /users/(you)/library/preferences/ and moving the com.apple.bluetooth.plist file out to a temp location and rebooting (if you have trouble, move it back and reboot again).

5. homerjward macrumors 68030

homerjward

have you repaired permissions :D
    umm....about the only thing i can think of that hasn't been mentioned is to, while it's on, turn off bluetooth, remove the kb/m from the devices list, then add them again?

6. Mechcozmo macrumors 603

Mechcozmo

AKA, re-pairing bluetooth devices. :D