Bluetooth stuff...

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by Brother Michael, Aug 18, 2004.

1. Brother Michael macrumors 6502a

Brother Michael

Quick few about Bluetooth:

1) what is a good brand to buy the USB Dongle from? Or what is a brand to stay away from?

2) what a cheap cell phone that I can get that is for TMobile? I know this one always comes up and I always look at them, but I don't need a camera, I dont really even need a color screen. Just the ability to get on the internet.

Thanks
    Mike

2. jsw Moderator emeritus

jsw

1) D-Link. I've seen it for $35. It works on all three of my Macs. I recommend it.

2) Dunno. I know the 3650 works. If you don't have a phone or contract - or if yours is up - go to Amazon. They're adding their own rebates to those of the manufacturers. I got my 3650 free last year that way; you could do the same!

3. dav macrumors 6502

T610 most definitely.

4. Brother Michael thread starter macrumors 6502a

Brother Michael

JSW: Thanks for the Bluetooth tip. That ain't a bad price either.

Both: Thanks alot for the opinions on phones, I will look into both of them. Fortunatly/unfortunatly my family and I decided to stick with TMobile because of tthe Family Plan and the Mobile to Mobile calling being free. On the flip side, I get somwhere beetween 20 and 40 as a rebate.

Mike

5. inkster218 macrumors newbie

Good thread, anyone know what BT phone I can get and use in Italy when I move there in a couple months?

Curt

6. dav macrumors 6502

The T610 is ridiculously priced and is an excellent phone, I have one in my pocket right now...
    :D

edit: ridiculous as in awesome

7. MacFan26 macrumors 65816

MacFan26

I also have a bluetooth module from D-link. I ended up not having any use for it, so I gave it to my dad who uses it with his T610 w/T-mobile. I don't really like the phone, but it seems to be the best for bluetooth.

8. Blue Moon macrumors regular

I just got the Moto V710. The bluetooth doesn't work with iSync (although it does connect through USB) but it uses Bluetooth technology to connect to the wireless headsets. Its got a great little camera too. :cool: