Bluetooth "The Mouse" Delayed Again

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by Threnody, Jun 27, 2004.

1. Threnody macrumors member

Threnody

Take a look at the MacMice FAQ. It now says the bluetooth version is scheduled to ship in September. It's gone from May to June to late summer, and now this. Anyone else smell vapourware?

2. djkny macrumors 6502

why don't people keep waiting for this overpriced unit?? Macally just released a sweet BT 2 button; Kensington has one out too.

Forget the MacMice unoriginal ripoff.

3. stoid macrumors 601

stoid

The reason it is getting pushed back is because of Bluetooth chip shortages, or at least that's what macmice.com says. I really like the idea of a Apple looking two button + scroll wheel, and I like the graphite to more closely match my PowerBook than the Apple white. But I don't know that I'm going to wait until September, as I would like to have it by the beginning of the school year.

4. MacFan26 macrumors 65816

MacFan26

I think the bluetooth mice are too expensive right now. I'll just stick to my wireless USB mouse until they're a little cheaper.

5. JOD8FY macrumors 6502a

JOD8FY

I just read this too!

They have however created a page that tells about it:

http://www.macmice.com/themousebt.html

I really want this mouse, but September??? I'm not sure I can take much more of this. :(

JOD8FY

6. niter macrumors 6502

Last December, they told me it would be out in January.

Snort.

7. mobi macrumors 6502

mobi

Just picked up a Macally BT Mini for my PB...it is awesome. Exeeded my expectations. Does not hicup like older wireless usb's. Got mine @ http:www.shaggymac.com/accessories.html

8. Chip NoVaMac macrumors G3

Chip NoVaMac

9. dav macrumors 6502

Yet Again...

If they have a shortage of bluetooth chips then just release the ones they have. Apple does it with the mini.

10. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

Read Adzook's "Catch Me If You Can" and you'd likely not trust anything Jack Campbell says about a product.

I thought they'd buried the hatchet on their war, but it ended up buried and festering in someones back.

11. michaelrjohnson macrumors 68020

If you're a student, you can pick up a MacAlly BT Mouse Jr for only $40 from the Academic Superstore. That's the best deal out there.

12. clr900 macrumors regular

Anyone have the Logitech MX900 Bluetooth Mouse? It looks like a good mouse but I was wondering about the response times...

13. discomonkey macrumors newbie

does this one have an off switch? it's says "power saving feature" or something like that... but no mention of a switch

14. tekno_geek911 macrumors 6502

I ordered a Macally BTMouseJR....Im not waiting for that MacMice BT mouse any longer!

15. debo macrumors regular

16. MacFan26 macrumors 65816

MacFan26

nope. I have the USB version of the mouse, which is the same size, and it's fine with me. Probably a little smaller than the average full size mouse, but it's not as "mini" as they call it.

17. wide macrumors 6502a

Logitech and Microsoft mice all the way. No exceptions (unless it's free)

18. mpw Guest

Just recently got a MS BT mouse and it's brilliant. I really can't describe how much better it is to use over the ApplePro mouse. Although it was not cheap.