Bluetooth Updater Problems

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Capt Underpants, Jan 10, 2006.

1. Capt Underpants macrumors 68030

Capt Underpants

I downloaded the recent bluetooth update today, and the computer doesn't seem to find its own bluetooth firmware. It tried to find a paired device, then goes idle. Any suggestions? I'm running 10.4.4 on the PB in my sig.

2. millerrh macrumors 6502

I can't even get my bluetooth updater to run. It just gets stuck on this screen:

Attached Files:

3. jobutex macrumors member

I'm having the same problem on my 1.33Ghz 15" Powerbook. The updater cycles through searching for a device to update, preparing to update device, and eventually goes back to idle. When I go to quit the updater, it tells me that the firmware wasn't upgraded and am I sure I want to quit. At this point, I have to reboot in order for bluetooth to work again, as it is unavailable.

I've even tried powering down my Apple bluetooth keyboard before running the updater, and still no luck.

Help!

4. millerrh macrumors 6502

My bluetooth has completely disappeared! That's why the updater doesn't run is cause it can't find the hardware! How can we fix this?

5. Billicus macrumors 6502a

Billicus

6. millerrh macrumors 6502

When I restart my computer, bluetooth comes back. But when I try to run the updater again, I get the idle process thing going and it makes it disappear... on the phone with tech support now. Hopefully they will be able to help.

7. Billicus macrumors 6502a

Billicus

Mine works after restart as well. Here's what has me confused. When I check System Profiler for Bluetooth, it says:

Apple Bluetooth Software Version: 1.7.0f18 <--- Higher Software Version
    Hardware Settings:
    My Computer:
    Manufacturer: Cambridge Silicon Radio
    Firmware Version: 2.1241 (2.1241) <--- Higher Firmware Version
    Bluetooth Power: On
    Discoverable: Yes

I'm not sure why 1.2 showed up at all in the list of new software updates?

Billicus

8. millerrh macrumors 6502

Tech support said to boot from the install disc and run disk permissions and verifications and then try the install. If that didn't work, they said something about creating a new user and running it from there. I don't have my install disc with me right now. Anyone care to try these two things?

9. millerrh macrumors 6502

Billicus, mine says the same thing as yours. So we are updated to the new firmware? Something doesn't seem to be right though. Why would the updater not finish and why would it still be in software updates?

10. Billicus macrumors 6502a

Billicus

That's what I'm wondering. I'll see if I can find an appropriate response from the Apple Team on Apple's website to post here.

11. Billicus macrumors 6502a

Billicus