Bluetooth Wireless Mouse

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by oldschool, Nov 9, 2003.

1. macrumors 65816

Sep 30, 2003
    Are there any bluetooth wireless mice that will be usefull for a powerbook with bluetooth built in?

The belkin seems to be the only option at this moment. The logitech MX900 has the recharging station built into the bluetooth module, so i assume you need to have the external bluetooth module built in.

Any other mice out there?
  2. macrumors 6502a

May 2, 2003
    Izmir, Turkey
    Re: Bluetooth Wireless Mouse

how about microsoft's bluetooth mouse...
    I don't know if they sell it standalone, but if it works like my wireless intelli explorer, then it must be amazing, and I can say that the handling is perfect, plus there is 5 buttons, which is more than enough for me...
  3. macrumors 601

Westside guy

Oct 15, 2003
    The soggy part of the Pacific NW
    MS Mouse

I'm using Microsoft's Bluetooth mouse (you can buy it by itself). It seems to be the only one that's actually shipping - excluding Apple's of course. Works well out of the box; no software/drivers required (I doubt MS would provide them anyway!)

The only downside to this mouse - and probably to all of the others as well - is it's a bit bigger than I'd like. But they have to have room for the battery and transmission components.

BTW buttons 4 and 5 are great for alternate Expose views - I use button 3 (pushing down on the mouse wheel) for the standard Expose view.
  4. macrumors 65816

Apr 9, 2003
    Canada GTA
    someone in macnn reported using the MX900 witha 12" PB. and since a bt module is a bt module, i assume you can always connect it to the one in pb...doesn't ahve to be through the base charger. give it a try, it should work. :)