Bluetooth with phones

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by JzzTrump22, Mar 7, 2005.

1. JzzTrump22 macrumors 65816

I just got the Moto v551. I can't get it to work with my PB. It will pick it up and store the comp name in the phone and the comp will remember the phone name. But when i go to browse the phone, it doesn't connect. I tried getting the phone and my computer to play together several times and it won't work. My brother just got the same phone and his works 100% perfectly. So i called the cell phone store and they said i can exchange the phone tomorrow. This happen to anyone else?

2. ToddW macrumors 6502a

well the v551 doesn't work with isync, however you can use OnSync which allows you to move your address book and stuff over. That and the combination of bluephone elite and my v551 is fully integrated with my imac

3. JzzTrump22 thread starter macrumors 65816

I'm just talking about bluetooth by it's self. It's really wierd because my phone isn't recognized by the computer but my brothers is. I tried deleting both phones and then adding them back into bluetooth and still mine dosn't work. I'm just going to get a different phone today to see if that wil work. Oh also, I can't seem to delete names from the stored list in bluetooth on my machine. When you go into browse, there is are still a list of names there, eventhough i removed them by going into the bluetooth prefrences and removed them. Anyone know how to fix this?

4. Applespider macrumors G4

Applespider

looking through rose-tinted spectacles...
    Are the phones running the same firmware version?

5. JzzTrump22 thread starter macrumors 65816

I do believe so. I'll have to wait and see if my new phone will work. If not, then i'm really screwed.

6. jayeskreezy macrumors 65816

7. JzzTrump22 thread starter macrumors 65816

I asked over there and no one really helped me out. I do however have another question just about bluetooth by its self. I opened up the system preferences and removed my list of devices from bluetooth (in my case the 2 V551's). But when i click the bluetooth icon and go to "browse" it still shows the names of my devices eventhough i removed them. How do i completely remove the names?

8. floatingspirit macrumors 6502

so....cant any bluetooth phone work with isync or only the ones listed on apple's website?