1. public enemy macrumors regular

public enemy

when i ordered my ibook i was asked if i wanted to add bluetooth, i said no. now having some bluetooth products, its something i do want. how do i now get blutooth on my ibook? or am i ***** out of luck? :confused:

2. feakbeak macrumors 6502a

feakbeak

You could always get an external USB Bluetooth receiver.

As for an internal solution, I would try to call Apple support, an Apple retail store or an Apple Certified repair shop to see if the internal Bluetooth module can be added now. Chances are if it is possible, it will be costly. I say just buy an external adapter - how often do you think you'll be using it?

3. Mitthrawnuruodo Moderator emeritus

Mitthrawnuruodo

You cannot add an internal module...

But, you can use a Bluetooth USB dongle. Apple recommends one from D-Link, but I've already worn out a Keyspan and just bought a cheap one from Billionton which works very nice with my Sony Ericsson T68i.

A dongle shouldn't cost you more than $20-30 (I'm Norwegian and not very sure of US prices, but will be surprised if they are very much cheaper or expencive... ;))

4. public enemy thread starter macrumors regular

public enemy

i would only use with linking my cell phone, and a bluetooth keyboard and mouse. maybe other stuff in the future? but i'll look into both. thanx!

5. public enemy thread starter macrumors regular

public enemy

i just looked some up with google,and they range anywhere between $25-50, some as small as a quarter.

6. finalcoolman macrumors 6502

This is why Bluetooth needs to be standard in these machines and hopefully will be for the next revision.

7. Mitthrawnuruodo Moderator emeritus

Mitthrawnuruodo

Well, my guesstimate wasn't too bad, then... :cool:

Any dongle (which follows the Bluetooth 1.1 or 1.2 standard) should be just fine for your iBook, really... go for a cheap one... ;)

8. bodeh6 macrumors 6502a

bodeh6

Bluetooth is the greatest for cell phones. I got a $20 USB one from Ebay and it works great on my Windows 98 PC. Once you get a bluetooth phone, you can never go back to regular phones.

9. buryyourbrideau macrumors 65816

buryyourbrideau

yea....bluetooth phones are the poop but it if its not isync compatible then what is so good about having bluetooth on your phone

:confused:

10. wheezy macrumors 65816

wheezy

Salling clicker is a KILLER app (which, unfortunately, doesn't work with my current phone :(). Also...there are some other 3rd party Apps that allow you to move contacts and such. Blue Phone Elite is a cool app as well for sending SMS via your phone, or dialing numbers and displaying caller ID on your screen. And who can forget the headsets? I LOVE mine

11. tobefirst macrumors 68040

tobefirst

Everyone always talks about Salling Clicker being a great app, and I'm sure it is...but I get the same functionality for my SE T616 from a free program called Romeo. Where is the love for Romeo??? :)

12. stcanard macrumors 65816

stcanard

I was about to mention Romeo too :)

Actually Romeo's almost enough to push me over the edge and get an airport express...