Bluetooth

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by kd5nay, Jul 30, 2006.

1. kd5nay macrumors newbie

I have a powerbook g4 with panther 10.3.5. Does anyone know how I can use a bluetooth adaptor with this computer? Apparently this version does not have the drivers for it and when I plug the adaptor in the computer does not recognize that it is there.

2. LeeTom macrumors 68000

LeeTom

What specific bluetooth adapter are you plugging in? D-Link? Linksys?

How do you know it doesn't recognize it? Have you gone to System Profiler to see if it shows up?

3. kd5nay thread starter macrumors newbie

i just got an iogear adaptor and when I go to system profiler I dont even have a bluetooth icon.

4. kd5nay thread starter macrumors newbie

When I try the bluetooth setup assistant it says you must have a bluetooth module. Check to make sure it is hooked up properly... blah blah blah

5. LeeTom macrumors 68000

LeeTom

a 2 second check on the iogear website showed a requirement of 10.3.9 or higher (a free upgrade for you).
    I recommend going to http://www.iogear.com and looking up any mac specific instructions. Perhaps after upgrading to 10.3.9 you'll be fine though.

6. kd5nay thread starter macrumors newbie

ok bare with me...im not a great computer guy...but how do I upgrade to 10.3.9? Do I go to the apple website?

7. Supa_Fly macrumors 68030

Supa_Fly

You may be better off looking for a Mac compatible widcomm drivers; as their more feature rich & offer the best compatiblity - at least in the windows world. Macs usually get it right from the start.

8. LeeTom macrumors 68000

LeeTom

you shouldn't need any weird drivers.
    go up to the apple, down to Software Update. check only the Mac OS X 10.3.9 Update, and proceed. You will need to restart when it is done. Should take 10 minutes.

9. kd5nay thread starter macrumors newbie

the update is right where you said. Hopefully that works. Thanks!