Bluetooth?

Discussion in 'Hardware Rumors' started by MacManiac1224, Mar 20, 2002.

1. MacManiac1224 macrumors regular

Look at the attached file:
    It says Bluetooth: I got it from maccentral. i wonder what this is all about? Also, Display's and iPod. I wonder? What do you guys think?

Attached Files:

• mw1.jpg
      mw1.jpg
      File size:
      8.2 KB
      Views:
  2. Ensign Paris macrumors 68000

Ensign Paris

Isn't it a bit dumb to post it after the keynote has finished?

check out apple.com and then you will know what was released.

Ensign

3. eyelikeart Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

ha ha ha!!!

it's all true....

BlueTooth looks killer though!

I can't wait to get my hands on that!!! :p

4. Choppaface macrumors 65816

wow 50 bucks for a quick way to transfer files wireless

thats pretty cool :D

5. chmorley macrumors 6502a

chmorley

Bluetooth

It's a very cool technology, but I guess I am pleasantly surprised that Apple is taking it forward. The standard has been ready for prime time for over two years now. Some were already predicting its death, considering it had been around but not adopted.

I love that Apple takes chances on things like Bluetooth. Unfortunately, most of the M$/Wintel world is unaware of (or afraid of) innovation. I hope this isn't another uphill battle...

Maybe this will be more like 802.11B. Apple took the lead with that wireless technology. Perhaps everyone was just sitting on the sidelines waiting for Apple to take the leap here.

It is cool. I hope it takes. I'd love a bluetooth coffeemaker or VCR--or to be able to sync my iPod when I walk into the room. Apple can pull it off...(fingers crossed)

Chris

6. Quark macrumors regular

Apple says it's for peripherals

If you look at Apple's website where it discusses the Bluetooth , you'll see that they say it is for "Peripherals".

Hmmmm,...
    PDA (Apple mentions the PALM),
    wireless speakers,
    wireless keyboard,
    wireless mouse....
    and lots and lots of batteries,

unless built into some of the new systems are a sort of docking slot. So that when you are done with the keyboard, you slide it into the base of the computer and it recharges the keyboard battery... same with the mouse... just a thought.

Take Care,
    Quark

7. chmorley macrumors 6502a

chmorley

Bluetooth

I guess I'm surprised people aren't more familiar with it. Tech folks have been writing about it for a long time.

If you want to know more about it, check out the official bluetooth web site.

Very cool stuff.

Chris
    :cool:

8. jaykk macrumors 6502a

9. j763 macrumors 6502a

I'm so glad that this was announced at tmw... I have been waiting for a way to use my Ericsson t39 with my iBook for wireless internet access. the problem was that before now, i could only use a usb cord which cost $100US+ and was pretty pathetic (unreliable connections, 9.6K only, os 9 only).

Kudos to apple!!! You have answered my prayers!

btw, any news on whether the bluetooth link will work on older machines (powerbook g3, in particular)... if anyone knows, plz post!

10. Buggy macrumors regular

If your machine can run OSX then it should work. I didn't see anywhere that it was also OS9 compatible.