Blueyonder connection dificulties

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by Danrose1977, Mar 19, 2004.

1. Danrose1977 macrumors regular

Danrose1977

Hi!

I recently recieved my iBook, and am trying to set up my existing broadband connection with it.

Does anyone know where I might find what my dhcp client id is? Blueyonders self care pages are less than helpfull and I can't telephone the support line till later this evening. Anyone else using blueyonder able to tell me what their network settings look like (screenshots would be wonderful!)?

Cheers,

Dan

2. hardon macrumors regular

the only thing that you have to add via selfcare, is the mac adresse of your new machine.. everything else should be automatic

goodluck

3. TBR macrumors 6502

If memory serves me ok I think you have to set DHCP to automatic or something.

4. Danrose1977 thread starter macrumors regular

Danrose1977

Yes, I have done that, it is asking me for my DHCP Client ID.... anyone got any ideas? I have tried several things, including my username.... but no joy.

5. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

There is no DHCP client ID. As already said, all you do is register your MAC address. If you're having problems call Blueyonder, they support OS X.

6. Danrose1977 thread starter macrumors regular

Danrose1977

Thanks, I will call them this evening. The iBook is totally cool even without internet connectivity!

7. billyboy macrumors 65816

billyboy

BlueYonder support up to Jaguar. And dont support Panther - officially -

8. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

"Officially" :p Meh, they'll help, just don't tell 'em your on Panther. I remember when I was running XP RC2 and I couldn't connect, I just told the support people I was running W2K.

9. TBR macrumors 6502

Been using blueyonder for a while now, in 10.1 , 10.2 and now 10.3 and never had to change anything since that first day. I've found them very helpful over the phone and even gave me a little help when I tried to set up my homenetwork hooking up the family's PC when they wern't supposed to.

10. billyboy macrumors 65816

billyboy

I agree, their tech support is really helpful. According to the rules though - no Panther, no networks and only support for the computer registered to the line in. Three times I have had them help me solve histrionics with their blasted motorola modem and each time they have supported all the no-no's.

11. TBR macrumors 6502

I remember seeing recently that they have a special number you can ring to support things like networking etc but it'll cost you

12. Danrose1977 thread starter macrumors regular

Danrose1977

Just in case anyone is interested I thought I would post an update as to how I got on.

Got home last night, plaugged in the laptop and fired up safari whilst telephoning blueyonder.... and the homepage loaded up!

Looks like it just took a little longer for the mac address to propogate after adding it in the selfcare section. Thanks for the help people!

Dan