Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

neith

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 25, 2008
My new macbook has what looks like a small blurry dot of increased brightness in the top left portion of the screen. It is visible on white and light coloured areas, but not on dark or black. I don't think it is a dead pixel or a stuck pixel.

Does anyone know what I'm talking about?

AirmanPika

macrumors 6502
Jun 19, 2007
Vandenberg AFB, CA
Yep had this same issue. Sent my Macbook Pro into apple for repair and they ended up sending me a whole new laptop as they could not get in any replacement LCDs.

neith

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 25, 2008
Should I be concerned enough to get this problem fixed by apple? I just got it a couple days ago... if the process takes a lot of time it would be a bother.

jblock

macrumors regular
Jan 4, 2006
Should I be concerned enough to get this problem fixed by apple? I just got it a couple days ago... if the process takes a lot of time it would be a bother.

If it was only a couple of days ago that you bought it they should just exchange it.

Shannighan

macrumors 6502a
Jul 26, 2007
Buffalo, NY
i heard that these defects "just appear". i believe its due to uneven gel across a small area of the lcd.

will apple take them back as defected even after the 15 days?

tjcampbell

macrumors 6502a
Aug 14, 2006
Vancouver
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/4A93 Safari/419.3)

Exchange it dude. Macs are very expensive and you have every right to be happy with your laptop.

neith

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 25, 2008
Exchanged

I took my macbook in to the apple store after making a reservation at the genius bar. They saw the flaw and offered to give me a brand new macbook, taking my hard drive from the 1st macbook and installing it in the new replacement so I wouldn't lose my stuff. Took only an hour.

Now that I'm home I've noticed a new problem >.<
The alignment of the lid is slightly off, it hangs to the right a little bit so it isn't flush when closed. It is a minor problem, but so was the dot.

Getting a perfect macbook is probably an unrealistic goal.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.