BMW Drivers Get Most Sex?

Discussion in 'Community' started by D0ct0rteeth, May 3, 2004.

1. D0ct0rteeth macrumors 65816

D0ct0rteeth

BMW Drivers Get Most Sex?

BERLIN (Reuters) - BMW drivers have more sex than owners of any other cars and are much more active than Porsche drivers, a new German car magazine has found.

The German magazine "Men's Car" found in a survey of 2,253 motorists aged 20 to 50 published in its inaugural May issue that male BMW drivers say they have sex on average 2.2 times each week while Porsche drivers have sex 1.4 times per week.

Following BMW drivers were Audi (2.1), Volkswagen (1.9), Ford (1.7) and Mercedes (1.6). Drivers of foreign car makes were also behind BMW with Italian cars (2.0), French (1.9), Japanese (1.8), Swedish (1.6) and Korean cars (1.5) trailing after.

Among women, French car drivers were top with 2.1 times per week followed by Audi (2.0), Italian (2.0), and BMW (1.9) with Porsche again at the bottom of the scale at 1.2 times per week.

2. IrishGold macrumors member

3. Raid macrumors 68020

Raid

It's either that, or they are the biggest liars of all the car owners.
    ;)

Mind you if I go to Germany I'll be looking for those Citreon and Renault driving females! :p

4. iJon macrumors 604

iJon

mom, i need to take the z3 out for a while. be back later.

iJon

5. IrishGold macrumors member

That car may get you some of the wrong kind of sex your looking for ;)

6. Vector macrumors 6502a

Vector

I have a 2002 325 and i get lots of girls looking at it, but its not like you just jump in the car and the girls are holding on to the doors trying to jump in. It has provided me with many introductions though, which have indirectly led to things.

7. gwuMACaddict macrumors 68040

gwuMACaddict

are girls REALLY actually interested in cars? i still think that this is the biggest myth out there... unless i've got a hankering for some STD's, i don't wanna touch any girl that was interested in me because of a CAR. :confused: :rolleyes: :confused:

8. IrishGold macrumors member

I don't see how a bmw could help you, lol

You see these things around every corner.

9. Vector macrumors 6502a

Vector

girls aren't interested in it because it is a nice car, they are interested in it because it means you have money. so some like it because it means you can buy them stuff and some, older, women like guys with nice cars because it means that they likely have money and can be good providers.

I have met people that just like guys solely because they have nice cars and they are usually complete idiots who will be after someone else the next day. I havent met anyone that is more interested in my car than me and i wouldnt want to.

10. iJon macrumors 604

iJon

i agree. nice car can either attract a gold digger, but lots of girls will look at it as if he has himself together and can afford a car like that, being longterm relationship material.

iJon

11. musicpyrite macrumors 68000

musicpyrite

Well that's obvious, Beamer driver are banging eachother while Porsche drivers are out actually DRIVING their cars.

......... I crack my self up sometimes (no offence to BMW drivers, of course ;) )

12. acidrock macrumors 6502

I wonder if that's sex in the car, or sex in general j/k! lol!!

13. Chaszmyr macrumors 601

Chaszmyr

Having sex in a boxster or a z4 would not be an easy task.. trust me :cool:

14. _pb_boi macrumors 6502

ATM, I'm on 'R plates' - not sure if you guys in America have those, but basically, it's a one year period immediately following passing your driving test where you have to have R(estricted) plates on your car, just small squares with a red 'R' inside them. You're meant to stay at 45 (nobody does though).

I drive my parents late 2003 318ESi, with some stuff that doesn't come as standard on every model, not outrageous but nice to have - 18's, lowered, some M equ inside. To be honest though, far from people thinking that I'd have it together, I would think most would assume it to be my parents, rather than mine. If I was 30, it'd be different, but at 17, I think that's the way it is. This was backed up by a guy my cousin knows at her university in Scotland. He drives a 5-series, and everybody knows it's his parents; while they don't diss him because of that, they DO resent the fact he pretends its his own.

Girls do like a nice car, but my mates like it even more, maybe because it's a lot harder to get insurance on bigger cars in the UK - many companies won't even insure below 25, and those that do charge incredibly high rates. Combine that with petrol etc., and it all adds up I guess.

It's great for annoying mokes/steeks/neds/garys/townies though ;)

andy

15. Vector macrumors 6502a

Vector

I am in college and most people assume that my parents bought my BMW for me. I then explain to them that while my parents did pay for part of it, i paid for most of it. Then when they ask me how i explain to them how i have been trading stocks for a long time and have been working since i was 13. Then they are even more impresssed.
    :)

16. _pb_boi macrumors 6502

Vector,

I can see why that would impress them. Unfortunately, the insurance situation is getting out of hand here in the UK. To top it off, I'm in Northern Ireland - can you believe some UK insurance companies won't cover Northern Ireland? Those that do charge a premium. Anyways, such is the outrageous price of insurance, people know the car isn't mine - but the fact I'm insured on it impresses them. That's how high the cost is here. You say you're in college; atm, I'm in my Lower sixth year of high school (one more year to go). Anyone see the GReddy twin conversion for the 350Z? I want that baby!

andy

17. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

That's what most girls will tell you, but a girl who "will look at it as if he has himself together and can afford a car like that, being longterm relationship material" is also a gold-digger. There's no difference between a girl who would want to hook up with you because of how much you're worth, and a girl who thinks that you're "longterm bf material" because you make a good living. In either situation, the girl wants to hook up with you because of you're worth alot. People just use the "bf material" phrase to sugarcoat their motives as being anything but golddigging. It may get you a girl looking for a longterm relationship, but its not a nice situation knowing your gf thought you were good bf material when she met you because you have a nice ride, or because you pulled down the big $$$.

Personally, I'm a student who could only dream of owning a car right now. I consider myself very lucky in terms of my money situation (no student debt), but if I become (semi)wealthy later in life, I'd rather that a girl not know about it at first and judge my "bf prospects" on our compatibility. This is why I tell people that I'm studying Physics when in fact I'm studying Medical Radiation Physics: I don't want a girl to be interested in me after a 5 minute conversation because of what I study at school. I'm not lying, but I'm not being as specific as I could be. ;)

18. iJon macrumors 604

iJon

that makes sense. simply what i was saying is that you have the "gold diggers." to me a gold digger would be a girl who just gets with the guy so she can have a free ride for dinner, presents, trips, and whatever, but as soon as another guy driving a bmw comes along she is gone in a heartbeat, in it for just money. the other type of a girl is looking for someone to provide for her and be her husband, and a man who has his ducks in a row and can afford a car like that is a give away of this type of man. she may not be in it all for the money, but at least she knows this man can provide for her, of course all girls will have a different level of whats needed to provide for them.

iJon

19. pseudobrit macrumors 68040

pseudobrit

Still sounds like a gold-digger to me. Maybe gold-digger lite.

We're supposed to ignore women's "features" (overweight, bad habits, etc.) and see them "for who they are." If I'm supposed to ignore a woman's physical shortcomings and see her inner beauty, why must I be "secure" financially in order to be dating material?

Men are called shallow for refusing to date or drool over overweight women, but what would the average woman say to me if I told her on the first date that I had no ambitions to earn more money or education and that she should just accept me for who I am and not be so shallow.

20. Vector macrumors 6502a

Vector

That is an interesting point. I have never really thought about it that way.

21. iJon macrumors 604

iJon

still true, but it seems to be the way the world works. now i dont overlook things like that in a woman. if she is overweight by a significant amount im not going to give her the time of day to find out the inner her. i dont think im shallow, i just dont like fat girls. as for girls being shallow for wanting a man for money, but its the way it works. there are going to be more men out there who will want a fat girl then women wanting a guy who doesnt want to earn money. if you did tell girls on dates you have no ambitions to make any money i feel you would either never find a girlfriend or wife, or find an extremely rich one, or an extremly crazy one. if you can pull off the middle one, you will be worshipped by men all over :). my opinions are easily biased though. i come from a wealthy family, and there are certain things in life that money provides that i dont think i could live without, so i try to relate that into the way girls think.

iJon

22. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

Your rich background may have provided more opportunities with girls that you wouldn't have gotten otherwise. You never really know unless you were poor once.

"i dont think im shallow, i just dont like fat girls." -- iJon

Can I use that quote in my sig? :p

I don't dislike chubby girls, only the huge ones. I don't mind a bit of chub. I think that's perfectly natural because weight is a health issue, and you want to be with a girl who seems to be in better health.

Fat girls make great friends.

@Pseudobrit: On top of telling girls that I study physics instead of Medical Rad'n Physics, when girls ask me what I want to do with my degree, I just say "I'm not quite sure yet." That's also not a lie, but I've actually narrowed it down to only 3 choices.

If a guy makes alot of money, but obviously doesn't spend alot of it, he won't seem to be as attractive to women if he's compared to someone who earns a lot of money AND spends it freely. My friend is quite wealthy, and would be a "good provider". He just happens to be unmaterialistic (although he's not a cheapskate), and I think this is an obvious turnoff for women. Hmmmm, I wonder why? :rolleyes:

23. iJon macrumors 604

iJon

yeah you can use that in your sig, makes no difference to me. as for my wealth providing me with some girls, not quite yet. if you guys remember, i am still in high school (taking college classes on some days of the week). and in high school its more the popular guys get the girls and that good stuff. we have the piss poor football players who are dumb as s*** and dont have much, but they get laid every weekend. i have my fair share of girls just because of my attitude, personality, and popularity. as the real world approaches we soon learn that high school status means absolutley nothing in today's society, thats when the focus of popularity turns into a focus of money.

iJon

24. Mike Teezie macrumors 68020

Mike Teezie

Odd, I "do better" now then when I drove a brand new BMW.

At least I do better per week than other VW drivers!!

:D

25. Doctor Q Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

Or do you play on their sympathy? ;) I still remember that great post of yours! It certainly cheered me up when I was feeling bad for you.