Bob Monkhouse dies at 75

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by edesignuk, Dec 29, 2003.

1. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

2. iGav macrumors G3

tis a shame.... :( he was a funny man once off the gameshow spot light and doing abit of adult stand up. ;)

3. barkmonster macrumors 68020

barkmonster

It's a shame

Woke at about 6 this morning with my TV still on from the night before, the news of his death broke at just after 6. I didn't even realise he was that old and I don't remember hearing he had cancer. I suppose 75 is a good age to live to, especially to keep working in entertainment till the last couple of years. A lot of people wouldn't have had the tallent or humour to have such a long career. I can't see someone like david badiel for instance still being a household name in decades to come.

4. WinterMute Moderator emeritus

WinterMute

Very sad, I saw him a couple of times in after dinner engagements, and whilst he was as blue as they come, he was also a great comedian, never mind all the TV crap he did.

5. evoluzione macrumors 68010

evoluzione

down the road, that's where i'll always be
    very sad...

i just have to quote one thing he said, which appears on that news page.

"When I said I was going to become a comedian, they all laughed. Well, they're not laughing now."
    -awesome.

he'll be missed.

6. Stevp1 macrumors regular

met him once

Got to enjoy Bob's company at a British club in Los Angeles many years ago. Very nice fella. He'll be missed.

7. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

May he rest in peace. To die in one's sleep is a very peaceful way to die. May his wife, family, and friends be comforted.