Bob Woodward knew about Valerie Plame

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Thomas Veil, Nov 16, 2005.

1. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Link

I'm not sure this gets Libby off the hook...he still revealed a secret to someone who was not authorized to know about it. But it does raise other interesting possibilities. Rove (despite the denial)?

(BTW, Fox News had an interesting spin on it, saying that Bob Woodward claims that Valerie Plame's name was already known. Leaves the impression that Scooter Libby did no harm because it was public knowledge.)

2. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

good ol' fox news, trying to save libby. and conviently ignoring the fact that none of his indictments were for revealing the name, they were for the coverup afterwards.

i.e. he's still in hot water.

3. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

Since Libby isn't on the hook for revealing Plame's name, I don't see how Woodward's revelation helps or hurts his case. But it does appear to implicate someone else in the White House -- if not Rove than perhaps Cheney.

4. xsedrinam macrumors 601

xsedrinam

Critics are already jumping on Woodward's apology to the Post, comparing him with Judith Miller. I don't think that's a founded comparison. http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2005/11/16/AR2005111601286.html

5. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

Not perhaps, he is the reason all these guys are falling on their swords, remembering things from years ago. Cheney is the real brain behind this CIA leak, behind the secret Oil deals, behind the Iraq policy and behind the Whitehouse. I have never seen a Vice President that seems so involved with the day to day working of the whitehouse. In the old days the vice was just sitting around waiting for the president to die or to break a tie in the Congress. That was it! This guy seems to be pulling the strings. George's strings.