Bochs? Help? Please?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Pb2ya, Jan 3, 2004.

1. Pb2ya macrumors newbie

Jan 3, 2004
    Is this possible? I've only had my mac for a few weeks, and this is the first unix program I've installed, so, you can guess how frustrated I am. Ive been trying to run Bochs 2.0.2 on 10.3.2, sorry, but there are a few games and cd burning applications on windows that I absolutely NEED. Can someone please show me how to use bochs?
  2. MisterMe macrumors G4

Jul 17, 2002
    Re: Bochs? Help? Please?

Why in God's name would you go to the trouble of installing the UNIX version when the MacOS X binary version is readily available?
  3. Pb2ya thread starter macrumors newbie

Jan 3, 2004
    Sorry, I am using the binary, but to edit the configuration and make the disc image needed, you have to use the unix terminal :\
    Anyways, I've played around with the configuration, but when I run bochs, this error comes up:
    RIP > CS Limit
    whats wrong?
  4. jazzman45 macrumors member

Jun 11, 2003
    lawrence, ks
    Sorry to inform you, but bochs, especially 2.0.2, is REALLY slow. you'd be better off getting Virtual PC if you really *need* it. May i ask what programs you really need? anyway, go on their website and figure out how to build it from the source code. the newer versions are a bit faster.
  5. mugent macrumors newbie

Jun 7, 2002
    Running bochs

If you have downloaded the binary, try (in the Finder), going into the dlxlinux folder, and double-clicking the bochs.scpt icon in there, see how you get on with that.