Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mac Kiwi

macrumors 6502a
Apr 29, 2003
New Zealand
He looks like a game character turned out of Mudbox or Zbrush to me....but hey everyone to their own.

Those modifications would definitely be targeted in a brawl mind you.

whooleytoo

macrumors 604
Aug 2, 2002
Cork, Ireland.
Several companies I've worked at, if this guy knew his stuff and was able to do the job well, they'd give him a position no problem.

Considering the amount of anti-racist education out there, that we've all learnt to grow up and not judge people in the corporate world by their skin colour, race, creed, sexuality, or disability, it saddens me to see how many people just reject someone on the basis of how they look.

What would you do if faced with someone highly skilled, maybe more skilled than you, who just happens to look different? How is slagging this guy off different to being racist?

Would you hire someone who turned up to an interview naked? Or a guy wearing a dress? Or perhaps wearing a Nazi uniform? Do you think those people should be able to work in such attire, in any job?

There's no such thing as 100% tolerant - everyone has their own personal idea of what's acceptable and unacceptable.

The posts above are correct - he's not being judged so much because of how he looks, but because he's made the choice to reject the "norms" of society in making himself look that way. I'm not saying that's "right" or "wrong", just that's the way it is.

Queso

Suspended
Mar 4, 2006
Would you hire someone who turned up to an interview naked? Or a guy wearing a dress? Or perhaps wearing a Nazi uniform? Do you think those people should be able to work in such attire, in any job?
It depends very much on what job I was interviewing for. For instance, wearing a Nazi uniform to an interview would be perfectly acceptable....for a Hermann Goering kiss-a-gram.

As for guys wearing dresses if that went against people half of Scotland would be unemployed ;)

dXTC

macrumors 68020
Oct 30, 2006
Up, up in my studio, studio
that is incredibly mild compared to people like the cat man.

You mean this guy?

35853834_dba9b1ed67.jpg

For those who are wondering: Yes, he sometimes replaces those individual studs in his upper lip with artificial "whiskers", resulting in... this.

catman_m_aitchison.jpg

I don't think Cat Man has tried to kill anyone, though, so that's a plus.

MattSepeta

macrumors 65816
Jul 9, 2009
375th St. Y
!!

If cat man and that demon man were competing for a position, I would hire cat man, simply because he is quite obviously a very motivated person. Look at how well he has done in becoming a cat!

Awesome.

lbro

macrumors 6502a
Jan 22, 2009
Wow I wonder why people would do stuff like that to themselves, a few tattoos looks good if they're done right but getting horns and all that other stuff seems pretty crazy to me.

Hamsterz

macrumors member
Sep 22, 2008
I live in oklahoma. Theres a bunch of people like this.

Anyways, I most likely would not hire him, because if I ever actually hired someone in my own state, I'd be pretty shocked. Since I'd move out long before I'd hire anyone.

Oh yeah, and Catman is awesome, I'd hire him even if he fails.

steve knight

macrumors 68030
Jan 28, 2009
Right, but this guy is choosing to look like a demon, which in most cultures (at least Western ones and the one that he lives in) is supposed to be evil. Evil is the opposite of Good. So no, I wouldn't hire someone who is outwardly telling me that they believe in Evil: lying, deceit, hurting others, ...
better to hire a religious person who does the same thing behind your back?

Acorn

macrumors 68030
Jan 2, 2009
macrumors
most of his mods can be undone and hidden. the scarification on his head and face can be mostly hidden by growing hair out. the jewelry can be removed and eyebrows grown in. horns can be removed. it wont look perfect but its not outrages. he would have mostly a neck tattoo if he tried to cover most of it when he got older. like say age 65, where that may not look right.

cat man had surgery to his face lips and cheeks. as well and had his teeth grinded down. thats pretty hardcore. it would take alot to go back.

i believe there is a lizard guy too. he has the forked tongue and full body tat. not sure if he got horns

lbro

macrumors 6502a
Jan 22, 2009
This is lizard man

Attachments

• lizard-man.jpg
    lizard-man.jpg
    113.7 KB · Views: 914

jyj

macrumors member
Sep 11, 2009
besides the whole trying to kill someone thing...he's kinda cute! though, i've never been very much into implants...

steve knight

macrumors 68030
Jan 28, 2009
Then he/she isn't a religious person.

Haha just because some one is religious does not make them a good person. Just look at the post I made about the fundies that would let their children die because they won't go to the doctor.

PinkyMacGodess

Suspended
Mar 7, 2007
Midwest America.
At one point back in the 90's I had a Queue and people were really cool with it at the university that I worked at. My wife loved it and it was quite long. About a foot and a half. It was rather on the skinny side. I didn't do beads or anything...

So, I show up for an interview for a job and it's one of those places that look like the typical newspaper office. The cubies in the center and the glass walled offices around the sides for the 'head cheeses'. Anyway, I show up in my pinstripe suit and tie and radiant shined shoes. Early, made up to the nines. Even had clean underwear on... And so I check in with the receptionist and everything is going great until I turn around to sit down. The receptionist ducks out of her room which was like an entryway to the glass aquarium and shows up with a few of the women from the fish bowl who are looking at me through the glass sliding window. They are talking rather hurriedly and hushed. Not thinking much of it, I sit and wait.

I am finally called in to the interview. I walk through the receptionists office into the fishbowl and just about everyone in the place is staring at me. I AM the most dressed up person there and figure that's it. A few people start making gestures to the backs of their heads and a few folks are laughing. Undaunted, I sit through the interview. It's a rather quick interview too. Apparently they didn't have room for someone who is capable and productive unless they meet the conditions of their standards, and I obviously didn't.

A few years later I found out they went out of business. I can only imagine why. The snipers that were firing at me as I walked through the place were so juvenile and petty, I wouldn't have wanted to work their anyway. I'm sure that if they treated their clients and customers that way, it's a wonder they held out that long... And I would actually lay cold hard cash on the table that none of those ******s ever realized that THEY killed their business and it was THEIR actions and petty BS that slit their own throats...

Funny what jerks people can be... And I was the problem. It wasn't their stupid hangups...

KeriJane

macrumors 6502a
Sep 26, 2009
ЧИКАГО!
My Goodness! :confused:

He's Darth Maul from Star Wars!

Or at least that's my impression.

Cat Man And Lizard Man are pretty far out too.... How does LM talk with that forked tongue? And CM's teeth! What on Earth does he sound like?

I'm from Chicago and I've seen some far out piercings and far out ear mods... even vampyre-modded teeth... but...

Wow.

I'll bet none of them gets strangers saying: "Don't I know you from somewhere?"

Have Fun,
Keri

Chip NoVaMac

macrumors G3
Dec 25, 2003
Northern Virginia

There's no such thing as 100% tolerant - everyone has their own personal idea of what's acceptable and unacceptable.

The posts above are correct - he's not being judged so much because of how he looks, but because he's made the choice to reject the "norms" of society in making himself look that way. I'm not saying that's "right" or "wrong", just that's the way it is.

A guy in a dress is a very different issue depending on the laws in your area.... Transgendered folks can be a protected status... Just surprises me that some would accept a woman showing up in a mans suit... But not a guy in a dress....

Having been in the hiring position before... You choose the best place for those that you hire and how they will fit.

Will say that with this guy I would do what I have done in the past, and that is to have him interview with the group he might end up working with. For me I want everyone to be comfortable working together.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.