Body of Florida Girl Abducted On Video Found

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Mr. Anderson, Feb 6, 2004.

1. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

2. srobert macrumors 68020

srobert

Dang. I was really hoping for the best on this one.

Kuddos to the Ember alert system. I think abductions are getting resolved more and more quickly. This case was handled pretty well even though it had a sad ending?

Ever wondered why abductors often kill their victims? So they don't talk? Well. this guy got caught anyway and he'll have to do 4 times as much prison because he tought that he was a smart cookie if he killed the poor girl.

3. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

yeah this repeat offender will be in Jail and we get to pay for this clown for years and we get to pay for his appeals etc...This is why they should get a speedy death when there is evidence beyond any doubt. Bring back torture! this girls life has been taken and he didnt even know her! her family is devasted and this Killer gets to live out his life in jail thanks to the american tax payer! Im glad Florida has the death penalty but the problem is it will be years and years before he gets it and we get the tab.:mad: Torture these bastards and maybe they will think twice before doing these kinds of things.:mad:

4. Mr. Anderson thread starter Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

Not too smart if he just dumped the body for it to be found....

As for what should happen to him, I'm a little torn on this. I'm not a big advocate of capital punishment, the only problem is that there really aren't any effective means for rehabilitation. And the system already put him back on the streets....I'm just glad I'm not on the jury.

D

5. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

I say fry em fast, if there is abundant evidence there is no reason to keep these Monsters alive. right now we have jails loaded with these Predators. and our taxes go up and then they let these killers out after years. Just like that Mexican up north who had a long history of attacks and they still havent found that one girl and he isnt saying a word. society isnt doing itself any favors by keeping these predators alive.

6. virividox macrumors 601

virividox

Manila - Nottingham - Philadelphia - Santa Barbar
    man i was really hoping they would find her alive, like liz smart who like what months in captivity.

people like this should be punished, i dont know how but i mean punished

7. Wash!! macrumors 6502

I don't care what the laws...

Or the Human rights says this scum F@#%^ no trial, no jail, take out him, castrate him and them blow his head. there is no punishment harsh enough to deal with sh*** like this guy.:mad: :mad: :mad:

8. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

What a miserable situation. And that guy's got 3 daughters. How messed up are you going to be if your dad abducts and kills a little girl sorta like you? Man this really sucks. What a first-class ******. He needs to be reminded of the pain he has caused every day for the rest of his life. He's ruined so many lives with one stupid, selfish act. I hope he never sees another free day in his life, and lives in mortal terror in prison. Child killers aren't looked on too highly there.

9. Kid Red macrumors 65816

Very sad day. My wife and I (who have a 2 1/2 year old daughter) were pulling for her being found. Now we're a little nervous about the prospect of our little one growing up in a world full of absolute sickos.

10. Kid Red macrumors 65816

It's the 'Amber' alert.

The sad thing is, as of the late sick trend of kidnapping is that the young girl is often killed within the first 1-2 days. So unless you find him right away the chances of getting your child back are very slim. I'm so thankful for the Amber alert but something else must be done with past offenders who live in a regular neighborhood with people who have no idea of their criminal past. None of his neighbors knew anything about his past.

My wife checks the national sex offenders web site like once a month. There are 3-4 sex offenders within 5 minutes are our house in the community we live in. Luckily, at least we know.

11. MorganX macrumors 6502a

MorganX

12. 1macker1 macrumors 65816

1macker1

This is sad, but what ever happened to innocent til proven guilty. Sheesh.

13. jayscheuerle macrumors 68020

jayscheuerle

This guy should be flown to a deserted island and dropped off.

Without a parachute.

Horrendous...

14. PixelFactory macrumors regular

Good point 1macker1. Even though it is most likely him, we still need evidence to convict him. Maybe NASA will get enough information from the video. Another sad thing is that if she had screamed for help when he abducted her she would probably still be alive and he would be in prison for attempted kidnapping.

15. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

This is a really sad outcome. I was afraid that this might be the case when I heard that he had been arrested, with no sign of her. Apparently he molested her and then murdered her to eliminate a witness.

It is hard to know what to due with such a person. The only sure thing is that with Capital Punishment there is a 100% guarantee that he will never repeat his crime.

I certainly wish that we had a emoticon that was crying to use in this instance. This is definitely more than sad. :(

My prayer goes out to her family and friends. May she rest in peace.

16. Dros macrumors 6502

This is a terrible tragedy. I'd like to make one comment about capital punishment. The only sure thing with capital punishment is not that the crime will not be repeated, but that there will be no way to correct a mistake. If he is the wrong guy, the crime can happen again. If he is the wrong guy, then an innocent person is dead.

A case like this seems so clear cut. The crowd gathers, wanting justice to be meted out. But think of the dozens of men released on DNA evidence. Think of the security guard accused of being the bomber at the Atlanta Olympics. It all seemed so clear cut in those cases as well.

I would be against the death penalty even if the person is caught in the act. The killer doesn't deserve to live out his life. I can understand those feelings. But I know I could not sit on a jury and feel it is my place to kill someone else. If he's locked up the rest of his life, his interaction with society will be as if he is dead anyway.

The Amber alert system seems like a huge improvement, but even it is incapable of stopping so many of these crimes. Are there more of them or just better publicity?

17. PixelFactory macrumors regular

The Amber Alert system is why there is more publicity about these cases. Before the system, abductions might not be reported in the news or put in a priority heading. Now they are head line news.

18. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

It didn't hurt that she was white. It's very rare that an abduction case involving a minority makes headlines like this. Sad but true.

19. MorganX macrumors 6502a

MorganX

You kind of cancel out that presumption of innocence when you're picked up by the authorities for suspicion of kidnapping and 11-year old girl and you "do not cooperate."

I mean, if you or I were picked up for that, I don't know about you, but I would definitely cooperate. Hell, I'd join the search team.

20. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

CHINESE WATER TORTURE! they should have speedy trials for this kind of offense. then if there is beyond any doubt plenty of evidence give em the Chinese water torture or coat em in honey and stake them down to a large ant hill. He deserves no mercy at all and living a life in jail with food and a roof over his head is way to good in my opinion. The American justice system is way to easy on these child killers. This little girls life was just begining and he took it away. I feel so sorry for her, for her family and freinds. God is supposed to judge us i say get him there as fast as we can. It will be 5 - 10 years at least before anything if anything is done to this animal. They want to act like animals lets treat them like animals. Good thing im not a cop watching his cell.

21. srobert macrumors 68020

srobert

I've never been a fan of the "fight fire with fire" mentallity. But I can understand your anger.

22. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

Im saying we should treat these horrible crimes a little different, everyone deserves a fair trial but if there is no question of guilt, a history of crime do everyone a favor including the one doing the act by getting rid of them. death by injection is way to good for this guy. a life of prison is wrong as punishment for him just as it is wrong for everyone of us to have to pay for this Bum. You have any idea what its going to cost everyone of us for this guy? thousands and thousands? is this fair to us? no. is it fair to him? no is it fair to the family and the girl? no. Its time to change how murderers like this are treated.

23. srobert macrumors 68020

srobert

I've heard that it's more expensive to put an inmate to death (legal fess, etc...) than to keep him alive for years. Anyone can confirm this? Just curious.

24. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

It is because the legal paperwork keeps getting bigger and bigger, and the more time they are allowed to live means more people that have to watch this guy along with his free room and board. so now we are using more lawyers,judges,cops,living space,linen,food,water,power,air conditioning etc. This is why we need to bring some swift common sense into this type of cases. Push those cases up to the front and if you have a sealed case meaning no doubt at all send them on their way. we got a guy thats been in California for 18 years after murdering a family and a freind with his DNA everywhere and now Arnold just had to consider another appeal by this animal. how much did this one animal cost california?? i would guess hundreds and thousands of taxpayer dollars. Now add up these animals.

25. gwangung macrumors 65816

AND....you have to be absolutely, positively damn sure you did it right.

Sorry, but there's no other way to go about it--you better be damn sure that you got the right person AND you better be damn sure it's the right punishment.

It'd be a tad embarassing to develop technology a few years down the line that would exonerate the person you executed.