Bolton Nomination Looks Dead

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by zimv20, Nov 9, 2006.

1. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

washpost

good on chafee. bad on bush for the resubmission. guess his bipartisanship spirit lasted only a day.

2. Ugg macrumors 68000

Ugg

Yep, this is the first battle of many to come. The thing is, Bolton is pure pond scum. It surprises me in a way because Gates seems assured of getting rummy's job.

3. clevin macrumors G3

clevin

i always admire Chafee, he is a great senator, such a waste for GOP, he would be a great democrat senator, current GOP is totally inconsistence with his idea, he should jump ship ASAP.

4. zimv20 thread starter macrumors 601

zimv20

you may get your wish:

5. clevin macrumors G3

clevin

6. pseudobrit macrumors 68040

pseudobrit

I wonder if Chafee would be considering this change if he'd won reelection.

Furthermore, I wonder if he'd switch if he won and the GOP lost the Senate anyway, at the expense of another seat.

7. clevin macrumors G3

clevin

I believe he would even if he had won, but would be later, and slower, RI is going blue, and GOP is more and more intolerant for him. there really no reason for him to stay there.

lets all write email to him ask him to switch party, so when Jack Reed retire, he would come back, Sen. Reed is almost 70, might retire in 09.

8. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

I don't know his positions on a lot of things. I know he's anti-war, but in other areas he could turn out to be just another Lieberman.

Still, if they think it's worthwhile, I hope the Democratic leadership will make overtures to Chaffee to show him that he would be welcome.

9. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

Sorry to see Chaffee go, he was one of the good ones. Hoping even if he doesn't jump ship, he gets back in the game somewhere. Not sorry to see Bolton go. He's the worst person for his job, and there's no way he'll be confirmed. No way.

Maybe they should see if Chaffee wants the job. :D