Bondi Blue iMac wont even turn ON!

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by Lapdance Jockey, Jul 12, 2006.

1. Lapdance Jockey macrumors newbie

Mar 5, 2005
    Valley of the Sun

Just a quick question i was hopeing the forum could help me out with...

My Grandmother - o yes - Has one of the original Bondi Blue iMacs - and this thing is in MINT condition... all its done for the last million years is word processing.

The problem is now it wont turn on - we took it to the apple store and of course it booted right up (after they commented on how the thing doesnt even have an ouce of wear on it) --note: the apple store is a 100 mile drive away...

Then it worked fine two days ago - but yesterday and today it just wont turn on... I tried switching the power cables - plugs - even gave it a little love shake... i have no idea

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

2. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Apr 3, 2004
    Adelaide, Australia
    Is your powerpoint working with other devices? In other words, have you blown a fuse or something? :)
  3. steamboat26 macrumors 65816

May 25, 2006
    Arlington VA
    Don't imac G3s have a battery or something it them, maybe the battery died or something...
  4. H&Kie macrumors regular

Sep 19, 2004
    Since years I've still got my lime iMac G3 400 with a dead PRAM battery. Occasional I have it started to run Classic apps, but before I can start it, I first have to put it on power for some 10 minutes to get it starting up. As long as the power chord stays plugged in, the problem won't come back, just until it's been unplugged for a while again.

Replacing the PRAM battery solved this problem when it occured in earlier days when my G3 was my main machine. I guess I should replace it again, since the G3 still is, however outdated, a nice little machine :)
  5. nickelbackmac macrumors regular

Jun 23, 2006
    Jonesboro, Arkansas USA
    Is your iMac from Summer 2001 or 2000 or early 2001, if not, try pressing the power button on the keyboard.