Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Lapdance Jockey

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 5, 2005
Valley of the Sun
Hello,

Just a quick question i was hopeing the forum could help me out with...

My Grandmother - o yes - Has one of the original Bondi Blue iMacs - and this thing is in MINT condition... all its done for the last million years is word processing.

The problem is now it wont turn on - we took it to the apple store and of course it booted right up (after they commented on how the thing doesnt even have an ouce of wear on it) --note: the apple store is a 100 mile drive away...

Then it worked fine two days ago - but yesterday and today it just wont turn on... I tried switching the power cables - plugs - even gave it a little love shake... i have no idea

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
:cool:

H&Kie

macrumors regular
Sep 19, 2004
steamboat26 said:
Don't imac G3s have a battery or something it them, maybe the battery died or something...

Since years I've still got my lime iMac G3 400 with a dead PRAM battery. Occasional I have it started to run Classic apps, but before I can start it, I first have to put it on power for some 10 minutes to get it starting up. As long as the power chord stays plugged in, the problem won't come back, just until it's been unplugged for a while again.

Replacing the PRAM battery solved this problem when it occured in earlier days when my G3 was my main machine. I guess I should replace it again, since the G3 still is, however outdated, a nice little machine :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.