Bonjour: How do you get it to work?!

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by hoya87eagle91, May 7, 2005.

1. hoya87eagle91 macrumors member

Hi,

How do I get Bonjour to work? I just bought a Pmac. I want to put my PC files on my new Mac.

I have a wireless network set up and am usinging that network to connect both my Mac and PC to the web right now.Can i use Bonjour to find my new mac on the network so that I can just dump my PC files there effortlessly? I already share my windows folders with my buddies who live in the building.

I used my Windows machine to download bonjour from the Apple website, but i don't see this "plug-in" for Bonjour on my internet explorer toolbar. How do I get it to work ?

2. Lau Guest

I'd like to know this too. Now my boyfriend has downloaded Bonjour on his PC, surely I should be able to see him in Rendezvous? But I can't! Just the half hour I spent trying to figure this out on his PC made me so happy I had a Mac though and never have to head bang against the wall like that again. :)

Hoya87eagle91, I'm fairly sure he had a Rendezvous icon on his IE toolbar though. And If you clicked on it, it opened a column on the side (like when you look at the history). But all it had in it was the link to the "About Bonjour" page. Most confusing. If you click on the installer again (or go to Add/Remove programs) it will let you repair or uninstall. Try repairing it. Oh, and you have to restart before it shows up in IE, (I think).